Standard Bergara B14 opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of people like them. One of my good friends and I are in a different camp.

I bought a 7mm RM Premier Approach last year. The Grayboe stock (separate company) was flexible enough to contact the barrel when squeezed...the fact that the barrel channel was off probably helped. Rather than call Bergara, I simply hogged out the channel and glass bedded the action.

Then, when I loaded up my first batch of handloads I encountered my second issue...the damn rifle won't pop CCI primers reliably. Long story short; even with only .003" bump, a clean and then new spring, and .047" firing pin protrusion I never got consistent ignition. I did call Bergera on that...no answer...left a message...never got a call back.

My rifle will shoot Federal 215s just fine, so I've made the switch. The rifle is accurate enough, so I've kept it. I'll just not buy another Bergara...Pardon me if I've missed a point of critical information for you...this was a super-condensed version of what took me several long posts on another website.

My good buddy bought a solid 3 MOA HMR. Bergara's customer service made it right, but it took two replacement rifles (they won't ship until it meets their accuracy guarantee) and over four months, causing him to have to buy another rifle for hunting season. He's content with his replacement too...but like me won't buy another.

Plenty of people have great experiences with Bergara, and I might get lucky if I gave them another chance...but one $1,500 rifle plagued with issues is enough for me.

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont need it in 6.5 creedmoor i already have that covered with a tikka t3x wood stock it shoots under moa at 100 no problem
I apologize for not wording it correctly, I was not suggesting or recommending a 6.5 CM. I meant only to relate that my B-14 HMR was accurate and reliable right out of the box unlike diggler1833's good buddy's experience..

Latest posts

Top Bottom