Star BM Short Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got me one at 200$ from GrabAGun a while back. Came in with cardboard box, mag, cleaning rod, & manual. Has the mill marks as described. Gun looked good, not much wear, and was oiled up.

Stripped it. Cleaned it. Lubed it.
Slide racks real smooth.
Loaded mag with snap caps and pulled trigger. Racks slide and back piece of firing pin flies out.
Must’ve shipped to me bad.
Emailed CAI and they sent me a new pin & spring. Had to buy a sight pusher to get the pin installed. Got it done.

While waiting on all of that I ordered some grips for it and put those on.

Taking it out on Sunday to run as many rounds as I can through it. Wish me luck.

9f3f01b420baf4c31518ac730228aceb.jpg

“Crying is for babies, little girls, and men who just had their ears ripped off.”
- Winston Churchill

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a nice one. I like those grips. Mine is kind of rough looking, and I’m debating whether or not to attempt a refinish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got one these in a trade about 18 years ago. Didn't know much about it except is was reliable and accurate enough for me at the time. I liked it a lot. It was my truck gun for several years until I included it in a trade for something I thought at the time I had to have. If I had to do it again I'd still own it.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a nice one. I like those grips. Mine is kind of rough looking, and I’m debating whether or not to attempt a refinish.

Giving serious thought to cerakote or something like it for mine.

“Crying is for babies, little girls, and men who just had their ears ripped off.”
- Winston Churchill

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Unless your doing a spray on finish for the fun of it, I always ask myself this. How much is a refinish? Say $125. Could I sell my current gun add $125 and get a very nice original finish gun. If the answer is yes. That's what I do. This is the kind of logic that keeps getting me in trouble.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless your doing a spray on finish for the fun of it, I always ask myself this. How much is a refinish? Say $125. Could I sell my current gun add $125 and get a very nice original finish gun. If the answer is yes. That's what I do. This is the kind of logic that keeps getting me in trouble.

I normally tend to spend too much for something and then spend even more having it refinished. It's not the best system, but it must be working for me since I keep doing it. :hithead:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

That works for some guns, but many that are in good “original” condition are desired by collectors and go for absurd prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom