STAR SPANGLED SALUTE AIR & SPACE SHOW - Tinker AFB - 1-2 June

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think it is going to be a great show this year, the only reason I am going is because the Blue Angels are now flying Super Hornets. The rest of the acts will be okay but I’m disappointed there is not going to be any F-22 or F-35 participation. The only other current fighter flying is a F-16. Overall, not a big air show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well crap, I was told they are flying Super Hornets as of this show season, apparently they are not.

Last edited:

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish the Blue Angels were flying the Super Hornet but according to their web site they still fly the F/A-18 Hornet.

Well crap, I was told they are flying Super Hornets as of this show season, apparently they are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I sure as hell hate crowds, but maybe it would be cool to try to get somewhere close I didn't have to disarm and the family could see the show from a reasonable distance.

You guys who live around there have any suggestions for someplace close we could set up and get a decent view? It might be worth the trip to OKC. I'm sure The Boy would love it.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I sure as hell hate crowds, but maybe it would be cool to try to get somewhere close I didn't have to disarm and the family could see the show from a reasonable distance.

You guys who live around there have any suggestions for someplace close we could set up and get a decent view? It might be worth the trip to OKC. I'm sure The Boy would love it.

I haven’t been out in that area in awhile to see if it’s still open, but I’d suggest checking out the north side of Draper lake. It’s directly south of the runways at Tinker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom