STAR SPANGLED SALUTE AIR & SPACE SHOW - Tinker AFB - 1-2 June

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven’t been out in that area in awhile to see if it’s still open, but I’d suggest checking out the north side of Draper lake. It’s directly south of the runways at Tinker.

Methinks they usually have all the roads close to the show shut down because of this very thing. Just bite the bullet and go to the designated parking then the shuttle bus will take you to the weapons check area then you can go in.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Enjoyed the Blue Angels in the hanger. Left after the rain quit and missed their show though.

Attachments

• 1B6B9821-266A-42F5-B37D-5946ABDB9B49.jpeg
    1B6B9821-266A-42F5-B37D-5946ABDB9B49.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 166

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to watch the aircraft flyover-I can see them from the house in my backyard. I've covered them so much when I was in the military that I've grown tired of them. It's a good recruiting tool for pilots as well as other personnel, who wouldn't want to fly one of those machines?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Enjoyed the Blue Angels in the hanger. Left after the rain quit and missed their show though.

Yep. I got rained out also. (Saturday)

They ended up flying at 4. We are not far from the pattern so they came over the house a few times in formation...got my own personal show lol.

The base hit capacity at 12:20 yesterday and they shut the gates. Lots of folks were still in line to get in.

If you are going today, go early....like right now early.

Latest posts

Top Bottom