Star Trek Discovery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't get entirely rid of cable, because - here in my area - that's my only access to the college football stations (I'm a huge fan of college, but NOT pro, football). But I choose the absolute minimum "plan" from DirecTV, and simply add the sports package during football season (September to January). Best compromise I can find.

I have always maintained that the 'lobotomy box' has exactly ONE purpose (which has nothing to do with anything sane, such as education or entertainment). Its sole purpose is to gather audiences for sales pitches. Period.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'd think with the entire universe of science fiction to draw upon that Discovery could make up entirely new "sexes." perhaps were three or more sentient beings are required to reproduce...

Perhaps not, it may be too close to the truth for them...

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in far West Texas for 6 days this last week - no TV, no You Tube, nothing but my wife and the mountains.

There was an absence of noisy "music", noisy "people" and it was pretty close to pure bliss. I might need to consider a different existence.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'd think with the entire universe of science fiction to draw upon that Discovery could make up entirely new "sexes." perhaps were three or more sentient beings are required to reproduce...

Perhaps not, it may be too close to the truth for them...
I'm thinking that some people have been using Atlas Shrugged as a playbook, and not the people who should be.

As a late friend of mine said, Murphy, Ayn Rand, and George Orwell were optimists...

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the old thread bump but I wanted to see if anyone watched the season finale last night. If you did, did you notice who the President of Earth was? Let's just say I will NEVER watch this show again because of that selection.

To save you a google search, it was Stacy Abrams. Why the heck can't they keep politics out of entertainment?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the old thread bump but I wanted to see if anyone watched the season finale last night. If you did, did you notice who the President of Earth was? Let's just say I will NEVER watch this show again because of that selection.

To save you a google search, it was Stacy Abrams. Why the heck can't they keep politics out of entertainment?
I am so glad I didn't watch it at all. That image will be permanently burned into your skull now. I would seek psychological help immediately, or even better grab a fifth of your favorite 80 proof or better liquor and drink it in one sitting. You will feel better in the morning.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched about half of the last episode last night and planned on watching the other half this eve. It was a struggle to watch this season as it was.. But that did it. This show can ROT on the vine for all I care.

But I really am enjoying this season of Picard.

LOL I was going to ADD... And I know a little TREK....

Attachments

• trek kevin.jpg
    trek kevin.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't you get the memo? White men are evil and the cause of all the worlds problems. Therefore they must be phased out of everything. Marvel is working hard on this. We now have a She Hulk, a She Thore, next will be a She Black Panther, and a She Ironman. Soon straight white men will only be allowed to play the villains. Star Trek Discovery is a prime example of where woke Hollywood is headed. Luckily most of these shows are going broke.

Marvels newest super hero is a muslim, teenage, high school girl

I won't be watching

Latest posts

Top Bottom