Star Wars the last Jedi*****DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it was decent as a popcorn muncher, maybe something to Netflix.

But the more and more I've thought about the movie the more large chunks just don't fit, have no purpose, and just aren't Star Wars. And this coming from a guy who isn't a diehard SW fan.

AKJ20 has a pretty good list of my complaints, though I could add a few things.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of those complaints. We saw it last night, and while it was ok, it wasn't a nail-biter or anything of the sort. Not like I'm gonna be going to the theater again to see it.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a few holes but they all have. People are whiners.

Attachments

• 28062154-50AE-4F4C-9DCE-F40E81D4EE2D.jpeg
    28062154-50AE-4F4C-9DCE-F40E81D4EE2D.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 89

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it was great. I think the biggest issue is people had two years of internet rumors and theories to ruin it for them. It didnt play out the way everyone was expecting and they are pouting.

Everyone complained that TFA was too similar to A New Hope, then Rian Johnson completely changed things up and people complain. My only complaint is the Leia scene where she floats through space....that was just dumb. Would have been great if they re-wrote it for her to destroy that ship instead of Haldo considering they are gonna have a hard time writing her out of the next story.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I told my wife that the commanders in the Empire are morons. They shot the base before going after the fleeing ship. Why not shoot the ship (that could move) before taking out the base (that couldn’t move)? The emo Kylo is getting old and worn out. How did all the stormtroopers end up 300 feet away from Finn when they were 5 feet away ready to execute him? It was a visually entertaining movie but doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just glad my tickets cost me nothing. Had I paid twenty bucks a ticket I would be looking for a refund. It's not often that while I watch a movie I want to pull out my phone and surf the web/check email this one had me nearly there though.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took issue with the fact that Luke war acting as a Charlemagne type of knight. If a Jedi is not a Charlemagne type of knight, the duality of the force does not make sense.

Braggs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like all the things you all have mentioned and I'll add a few. Make no mistake, everything that was in the movie was done specifically for a purpose.
  1. Unnecessary comic relief (the little bird things, random jokes, etc).
  2. Marketing against eating meat (wookie bird thing)
  3. More unnecessary marketing against child labor/abuse (the kids caring for the race birds).
  4. Even more unnecessary marketing against animal entrapment (the race creatures)
  5. Interracial relationship marketing
  6. Sending the message that it's ok to destroy what other people have worked hard for as long as it's against your morals.
  7. Obvious strong female lead role done on purpose because "muh patriarchy!"
  8. All the bad guys leaders are male, all the good guys leaders are female (more obvious feminist marketing)
  9. Unexplained disappearance of Luke
  10. Telling Finn it's cowardly to run but then later saying sometimes you have to run to fight another day.
  11. If the side story of getting the code breaker was a failure, why tell the story at all?
Lastly, I'd like to say that I think Kylo Ren was right and Rey was wrong. In order to stop the fighting, they have to agree to not fight anymore. If she had "joined" Kylo Ren, the war could have been over, they could have disbanded the Empire, etc. She had the opportunity to end it all and instead she chose to fight. To me that is evil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom