Started making leather holsters.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystery

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've made kydex holsters for a few years now. Started making my own after buying a Crossbreed holster online years ago. Once I got it, I knew I could make something much better, an so the process began. I built my own kydex press, vacuum press, etc.. With tons of kydex holsters, ranging from paddles, to Tek-Lok's, hybrids, and so on, I wanted to get back in to working with leather. I made some belts and a few non-firearm related items years ago, but hadn't done anything gun related. I had most of the tools, etc. so I made a few for friends (that I was stupid and didn't take photos of) the past few months and I've been enjoying it very much. Here's photos of my last two. One was made for a co-worker and the other for a friend of my brother. These are the first two that have been paying customers. While I realize that I obviously have room to improve, both holsters are well made and will last a very long time, which is what makes me proud of them. Tell me what you think, and be gentle....

IMG_0793.JPG IMG_2202.JPG

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look good! I'd be interested in seeing your vacuum press or a link to where you got it if it's not homebuilt. I really would like to get one. I've been considering trying a "food saver".

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice, so are you going to be making more? Been looking for one for full size 1911 OWB. Just sent back a "versacarry" and got my money back.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with the others. Your work looks good. The one that has the 1911 in it reminds me of some Galco's I've seen. I mean that as a complement.

You are going to run out of time and have to make holsters full time. I have a 1911 that could use some leather. What would something like that set us back? Also have you made any single or double mag holder that match?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I just don’t get the sweat shield in the front? Help me out here please. Or is the pistol underneath the holster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom