Started making leather holsters.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystery

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They look really nice. More pics of your work I'm sure would be appreciated. Someone who cares about what they do is hard to find. You may have more work than you want.

Thank you very much for the kind words. I only created this thread to get a critique of a few holsters I've recently made, but honestly did not expect so many positive responses. I suppose everyone is their own worst critic. I'll add some pics later on as I make a few more. I've made several holsters in the past, but like I said in opening post, I was stupid and didn't any photos. That being said I'm not looking to turn it into a full fledged operation. That'd probably take some of the enjoyment out of it for me, but making some for the fine folks here wouldn't be a bad idea. I think we can call agree that it's nice to work with someone who knows their stuff, and although I'm somewhat new to this site, I can tell the folks here know their stuff. I cannot tell you how many kydex holsters I've made over the years, even to people out of state and LEO's in Dallas (for off duty carry), who didn't have a clue what they really wanted or needed. I'd ask them how they carry, how much cant, or angle, they wanted etc. and most hadn't considered it. I know when I used to shop for holsters, I knew what I was looking for, or at least did my research on styles of holsters before deciding on what to purchase. Pleasing people who don't know what they really want or need wasn't the easiest thing in the world. That's one of the reasons I like the thought of keeping this small and friendly.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haha, it is weird looking at it in the picture. What's going on there is that it is a thumb break, but they asked me specifically to put the snap for the thumb break on the inside (left side) of the holster. They told me that it field weird for them to unsnap the thumb break with their right thumb on the outside of the holster, and that having it on the inside felt more natural. I suppose when you think about it, it makes sense. It is the natural position for your thumb when addressing the firearm in the holster, although snapping it closed does make it slightly more cumbersome for those of us with a little bit of love handles!

Okay, thanks. I’m not a fan of a thumbreak but that sorta makes sense to me now that you explained it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom