Starter setup, i bit the bullet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You will probably find that the 7625 is a cleaner burning powder. Other than that, you will most likely not see a difference at all. Staying on the low-end of the powder drops is smart while you learn the ropes.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, just wanting to take it slow and learn what I can a little at a time.
The 7625 shoots fine as far as I can tell, most of the loads have been on the bottom.
Have an opinion on the 800X in a little while.
:)

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm....underloaded? Out of 6 rounds, 2 of the brass failed to clear the chamber before the slide closed. 3 of the brass were laying almost dead under my gun hand.
Shot fine other than that. Shot 10 of my 7625 rounds immediately afterwards with no problems, brass mostly a couple of feet to my right.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you've already figgered this out, but just in case, don't bell any more than you absolutely have to. Brass will last longer, and it's easier to get a proper crimp. Too much bell and the crimper will leave a little bulge that may prevent chambering.

electriccowboy

Marksman
Reaction score
so you have the hang of it now? wait till you get to cut 223 brass down and reshape it ream the primer pocket, trim it down to size and load it for aac 300 blackout. I started loading over 30 years ago and have 5 presses. I don't shoot as much as I want to, but that way I have always got ammo. oh I have a can of IMR 4320 that's over 30 years old and still good. lol
Enjoy and be safe. :)
Just 4 of my presses on a small bench.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom