Starting a knife selling business? Any advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone is interested in starting a knife selling business, retail to the public, perhaps online, what advice and suggestions do you all have as to how the person can start that and what are some good basic company knives and models and types to start selling? There are already so many online and offline stores, so it seems challenging.
Went to a Gun Show in Missoula Montana to sell our Black Hills Leather Cowboy wares. Drove Seven Hundred miles to get there. We did real good as we were the only people at the show selling gun leather and most of the tables were knife dealers and people selling furs. Competition was tough on the knife makers as told me by a friend from our area. I would say if you have some nice quality knives from known makers you should do well and just throw in some knives of lesser quality and fair prices to satisfy general the public you should do well.

YukonKnife

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like everything else, it will be hard to copmpete with cheap imitations, made with SLAVE LABOR, from China, etc. I hope Communist Chinas Military equipmewnt is as sub standard as everything else they make! Don't you?
Yes I agree with you. I am glad there are still American knife making companies but I am very sad that the great old ones like Schrade and some others produce Chinese-made slave-labor garbage. I know the Chinese can make good-quality tools when they want to but most of what gets sold is not good. And there is the fact that they use slave labor and suppress people they do not like.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep hearing about Sharp Things on the radio on Hank FM. A new knife store in OKC. It says it is in the 6600 block on North May and I am around May Avenue all day every day but haven't seen their shop.

https://sharpthingsokc.com/
I keep hearing about Sharp Things on the radio on Hank FM. A new knife store in OKC. It says it is in the 6600 block on North May and I am around May Avenue all day every day but haven't seen their shop.

https://sharpthingsokc.com/
I’ve been in there, it shares a space with a vape shop. One side of the room is vape supplies and the other half is knives and stuff. I don’t remember, maybe the vape shop sign is bigger or something?
Pretty nice selection of stuff for the size of the place and they run from high dollar microtechs to lower priced budget knives. Seems like they also had some pistol cleaning kits and things in there.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d shop a local online store, love the idea of having some local makers inventory available and the “edc shop” idea is cool too.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been in there, it shares a space with a vape shop. One side of the room is vape supplies and the other half is knives and stuff. I don’t remember, maybe the vape shop sign is bigger or something?
Pretty nice selection of stuff for the size of the place and they run from high dollar microtechs to lower priced budget knives. Seems like they also had some pistol cleaning kits and things in there.
It was a crap show when I went in, never went back. They had more crap than good stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom