Starting from scratch with fishing tackle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lucky Lure Tackle at May and 122nd is a good shop. Probably not the cheapest but it keeps your money local if that's a factor.

Lucky Lure Tackle is actually at May Ave and Britton Rd, NW/c

I'll give it a look. I've really been trying to keep my money local. Less buying off the internet or from amazon if possible. Some of the stuff, such as my carp rigs, will likely just have to be bought online again.

What else did they steal besides the fishin stuff?

Surprisingly, not a whole lot. They didn't touch my poles, which was a relief because I just got 2 12 footers that i custom ordered a year ago sitting in arms reach. My Milwaukee 1/2 electric impact and a practically new Milwaukee drill did manage to grow legs. Since losing my job last year I don't have the ability to use them for work anymore, so its more insult than injury at the moment. Doesn't make much sense though, they walked right past a folding table saw with wheels, a planer, $800 worth of socket sets in boxes, a like new Husqvarna 55cc chainsaw, and a bright yellow pelican box with several thousand dollars worth of diagnostic equipment in it, all of these things in arms reach. Between my work tools, woodworking tools, and whatever else I likely have 100k worth of tools in my garage. Kinda Frustrating that they decided to take the tackle, and likely the only mementos that i had of good times with my late dad. We weren't really close and he was honestly a horrible father, but every once in a while when fishing, everything was alright.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did your Milwaukee tools have the GPS built in them??

if someone turns on my sons tools he receives a notice on his cell phone of the exact spot where they are at

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did your Milwaukee tools have the GPS built in them??

if someone turns on my sons tools he receives a notice on his cell phone of the exact spot where they are at
They didnt, that tech started coming out shortly after i bought my stuff. I couldn't see the extra value in it at the time too.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a bit out of season, but I'll second the recommendation to go garage saling. You can (or used to be able to) get boxes full of stuff for pennies on the dollar--that's how I got almost all of my gear when I was a flat broke teenager. Farm and estate sales can also be good, but people will pay stupid prices for stuff when the fever hits during bidding. A few years ago, I saw a guy buy a used John Deere utility tractor with front-end loader for more than you'd pay for the tractor, trailer, box blade, front-end loader, and brush hog brand new--and all of the package's components were in the same sale, just split into multiple lots...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a bit out of season, but I'll second the recommendation to go garage saling. You can (or used to be able to) get boxes full of stuff for pennies on the dollar--that's how I got almost all of my gear when I was a flat broke teenager. Farm and estate sales can also be good, but people will pay stupid prices for stuff when the fever hits during bidding. A few years ago, I saw a guy buy a used John Deere utility tractor with front-end loader for more than you'd pay for the tractor, trailer, box blade, front-end loader, and brush hog brand new--and all of the package's components were in the same sale, just split into multiple lots...
True. I was at an auction where a 5 gallon bucket of fishing rods, some broken went for more than they could be bought new.
Another auction where a Henry .22 lever gun went for over $1000. I showed the guy bidding where he could buy the rifle online for $400 and he kept bidding.
Said he told his grandson that he would have a .22 that day and was holding to his promise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom