Starting In Once More

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With reloading, that is. Just ordered a Lee Turret Press from Titan in Wisconsin. Since my two primary EDC's are 357 wheelguns, (one is a S&W 681 and the other is a Model 65) I got it in 38 special.

I have plenty of components, so as soon as I get it set up, I'll be able to start cranking them out Looking forward to starting. :rubhands:

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loading pistol and straight-wall rounds is pretty fun and a great way to start. I got my start loading .38 spl, .357mag, .44mag, and .500 S&W with my uncle. We used a lot of Matt's bullets. He has some good prices on lubed and un-lubed cast lead bullets. If I was loading a lot of pistol rounds again, I'd definitely get a powder thrower.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Keep us updated on how it goes! The Lee turret is a great beginner's press, and you never really outgrow it. Even if you go for a progressive later the turret is great for the lower volume loads.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the lee auto disc powder measure and it throws perfect charges of bullseye and 231 and aa#5
My most used powders. I have 2 of them and really love them..I did some modification(file) on the aluminum housing to get the tolerances closer between hopper and disc and frame.

I have also 2 green rcbs perfect powder measures they are older.. and they must be worn out because they both suck.
Always clumping and or leaking.
I tried many on line mods to one of them.. nothing helped. Shelfed them.

I have a 4 hole lee turret and a pro 1000
The 1000 will crank out the ammo.. the turret not so much.. but still way faster than single stage

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, I still have the old Rock Chucker I bought from my brother more than 40 years ago. That old press has loaded many, many rounds. It is a good press, but with my increased frequency of shooting, I needed something that is a little more, well--productive, I guess the word is. The Rock Chucker is slower than I'd like.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep us updated on how it goes! The Lee turret is a great beginner's press, and you never really outgrow it. Even if you go for a progressive later the turret is great for the lower volume loads.

Will do. The folks on the Kansas forum say that the Lee Turret press is quite good.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the lee 4 hole turret press and it is excellent.I have a lee single stage classic cast.. use it all the time.. and the Lee pro 1000 for knocking out 45acp ammo really fast.
I have a rock chuker and it is sitting in the corner all lonely.

I have the lee 4 hole turret set up in manual mode.. No issues at all.
You can change the turrets quick for another caliber .. really like it.. and makes sub MOA ammo just like the single stage.

You won't go wrong if you get one.

I do not use an automatic powder measure on my rifle cases.. I use a beam scale 505

Latest posts

Top Bottom