1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Starting NFA Trust

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Powers, Feb 9, 2013.

1. henschman

henschman Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yes, I'm an attorney, and I draft custom NFA trusts for $200. They are designed to help you get around Rule 41F as much as possible, and are quite a bit easier to use and more helpful than just a re-designed estate planning trust like a lot of others use (I've seen a lot of trusts that wouldn't even hold up in court). PM me here, email henschman@hotmail.com, or call/text 405-633-5164 if you have any questions.

2. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'll vouch for @henschman , he did mine and we were very pleased.

3. chazroh

chazroh Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    He did mine too

4. pistolpete2002

pistolpete2002 Sharpshooter

I thought the law changed last year and you can’t use a trust anymore to purchase NFA items. Is that correct? What’s the law now?

5. CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I was following a Silencerco post on Facebook yesterday and there were at least 20 people that said they were trust purchasing

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

6. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I believe the trust can still be used now, but all responsible persons on the trusts are now required to get fingerprinted and passport style photos. (That is new)

7. OKCHunter

OKCHunter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Isn't that only at the time of purchasing / adding a new item to the trust? Can't you add and subtract people to the trust without fingerprinting and photos? That to me is the advantage of the trust - allowing the addition of others to the trust to legally possess a trust owned NFA item.

8. POKE1911

POKE1911 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Incorrect. You can still use a trust but it no longer frees you from having to submit photo, fingerprints, and le sign off. Now you and everyone on the trust has to submit it. Of course it still has its benefits but also a PITA especially if you have trustees spread out.

9. OKCHunter

OKCHunter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I purchased a 45 Suppressor after the new law and it did not require LE sign-off. Only thing required was fingerprints and photos for those currently listed on the trust (me and my wife). And, those were done at a kiosk at the gun store. Hopefully, an attorney will weigh-in here but I don't think any photos, fingerprints, etc. would be required if I added someone to the trust today granting them access to the NFA items.

10. POKE1911

POKE1911 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Correct, under the new law le sign off is no longer required. They do require a notification, but I think that it’s done automatically from the kiosk.

On my trust I have 1 in OKC, 1 in Tulsa, 1 in Denver, 1 in Fort Collins, and one in Heaven. So getting everyone on board for pictures and finger prints would blow.

Not sure about adding someone to the trust, I believe you are correct until you add another item. But I could be totally wrong.