State Fair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We go several times every year. Horse, goat and pig shows. Son has some entries in the AG portion, so that is a must see for us. Last year his Alfalfa took 1st place. Next year my youngest is showing her 5 year old stallion and my son is showing a pig again. As far as the rides and fairway, I tend to stay away from them.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife saves her change all year and we cash it in and spend it at the fair. It's usually about $200 or so in change. I like chicken on a stick, funnel cakes, and Esses playing flutes. I carry a Glock 9 concealed. My kids have a lot of fun. I'm glad when I'm back in my car though afterwards.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No desire to go at all. If I was to go to anything it would be a county fair just so my wife can see what it all looks like without the massive HIA (Head In A$$) syndrome that most people at a fair seem to have.

Personally I feel Walmart is a village idiot convention, the state fair is the state idiot convention and what's worse is there is no ac through the majority of it and you have to part in the boonies to get there.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to enjoy people watching with a few cold beers and a Dans Indian Taco but last time the wife (now ex) and I went, we dropped $100 and its just not worth it to me anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom