State Fair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
They might just as well post a sign that reads: "Conscientious, law abiding, responsible citizens not welcome."

Woody

Pretty much how I read it.

Whole bunch of pansies scared of teenagers around here.
I spent 7 hours there yesterday and nobody with green hair or piercings attacked me.

Scared? Hell, if I spent 7 hours there, I'd be broke and pissed off that I got shafted, ain't about bein' skeered.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've given up on it after a few tries. Ridiculous prices, the food so many of us go to experience typically ends up disgusting and disappointing, ride a couple of ride with the kids and before you know it, you're out $200-300 and feeling pretty bummed.

I can buy a lot of ammo for that and take them to the range...

I used to work at the FD permits desk during the fair in Okc. Seems like EVERYTHING is permitted and taxed. The prices are high cause they're trying to make up for those fees.

Fairgrounds board charged for each space occupied.
Fairgrounds board required use of THEIR cash registers for all vendors.
Fairgrounds board charged for a percentage of all profits. (tracked by the registers)
Fairgrounds board charges for water and electric use by vendors.
City of Okc required business license.
City of Okc charged city taxes on profits.
FD required permits for propane use.
FD requires permits for tents/awnings over 100 square feet.
Health Dept requires permit for food vendors.
State requires rides to be inspected.

And let's not forget charges for parking your car and admission at the gate.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the fair today. Senior citizens day, everyone over 55 gets in free.
Had a good time. Saw the circus (REALLY enjoyed it), ate chocolate dipped bacon (and other atrocities), rode the giant Ferris wheel.

Spent less than $50, and $34 of that was food.

I think the fair is fun, every 4-5 years.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i kinda wish i could go but doing a lot of remodel around the house. I was raised poor and my parent never took me to the fair, circus or whatever. Having a nickel to buy fireworks worked on occasion but a nickel popped and gone poof! I found other things I could spend the nickel on so to this day don't like fireworks. I feel they are unnecessary, dangerous in the hands of fools and for our government to spend taxpayers money on fireworks at Tinker and other bases is a waste of money in my opinion. However, that is because of my raising and not everyone agrees with me and that's ok because int his country we still can have choices to a degree... Thant's my 2 cents o the subject. Maybe I should change but would it be for the better?

Latest posts

Top Bottom