state farm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
They pulled the plan to give the gender “splaining” books to schools after the internal whistleblower leak. I guess they decided the woke go broke.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Farmers insurance is just as bad. Marxist struggle sessions, mandatory for employees, where you know who tells about the times that the institutionally racist USA has relegated them (these are all college grads btw), and time for whitey to fess up to their crimes. Yes I'm serious. Also employee groups for every group except white christians. Oh, and flying that rainbow flag all during June.

Don't believe me? Drive by their buidling at Rockwell and Memorial during June.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dad had State Farm for home, 2 autos and boat for 20 years. I got may driving permit and rate doubled. I got may driver license and SF sent a cancellation letter due to high risk. Never a claim, of any kind, for 20 years.

FJB
FSF

Had Farmers for 25 years. Water heater blew bottom out. Water ruined carpet, flooring, cabinets. Farmers said, not covered, maintenance issue.
Hail storm tore up roof. Farmers said, not covered maintenance issue.
December, agent calls about coverage expiring Jan 1. I needed to come in and review. Told him to take a flying leap. The premium dollars are being spent in maintenance issues.

FF
FJB

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dad had State Farm for home, 2 autos and boat for 20 years. I got may driving permit and rate doubled. I got may driver license and SF sent a cancellation letter due to high risk. Never a claim, of any kind, for 20 years.

FJB
FSF

Had Farmers for 25 years. Water heater blew bottom out. Water ruined carpet, flooring, cabinets. Farmers said, not covered, maintenance issue.
Hail storm tore up roof. Farmers said, not covered maintenance issue.
December, agent calls about coverage expiring Jan 1. I needed to come in and review. Told him to take a flying leap. The premium dollars are being spent in maintenance issues.

FF
FJB
seems like insurance companies are all talking to each other now. We have state farm and they refused to cover hail damage on one of our vehicles because we didn't have receipts on the last claim for hail damage - that they had fixed - three years ago.

We just decided they're worthless but they're required by law so it's all just forced extortion at this point.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y’all might try Farm Bureau. I have property insured here with Texas Farm Bureau, and my house and land up there is with Oklahoma Farm Bureau.
My vehicles are with SafeCo/Liberty Mutual, and so far, they’ve treated me pretty good. :anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y’all might try Farm Bureau. I have property insured here with Texas Farm Bureau, and my house and land up there is with Oklahoma Farm Bureau.
My vehicles are with SafeCo/Liberty Mutual, and so far, they’ve treated me pretty good. :anyone:
Farm Bureau has been pretty good to us in the past, but one issue with the line to the water closet of a toilet caused them to drop us like a hot rock. Pretty minor claim compared to some with only carpet and trim replacement.
USAA is a little more expensive but far superior in customer service. State farm had a limit on theft of firearms, USAA doesn't but requires verification of ownership. They cover the tractor used here at the home place at no extra charge, State Farm requires a rider.
USAA requires some military membership, so not everyone can apply.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Farmers insurance is just as bad. Marxist struggle sessions, mandatory for employees, where you know who tells about the times that the institutionally racist USA has relegated them (these are all college grads btw), and time for whitey to fess up to their crimes. Yes I'm serious. Also employee groups for every group except white christians. Oh, and flying that rainbow flag all during June.

Don't believe me? Drive by their buidling at Rockwell and Memorial during June.
I worked in that building for a few months as a total loss adjuster. It is the only job I didnt give at least two weeks notice when I left because I WANTED them to blacklist me from ever going back in a moment of desperation.

They intentionally gave you more claims than could be handled in a timely manner and if you werent logged out of your phone on the minute your 8 hours was up, just wait for the parade of leadership to discuss how OT was not being approved. So, we werent allowed to make new calls or accept incoming calls within 30min of our shift end so we didnt risk going over. That meant the following morning, we spent the first couple of hours returning calls where the customer was pissed they couldnt get someone 30min before our shift end. I had a good knack for working with disgruntled people (managing tech support for repo guys for a few years), so I approached it as rock n roll and I can be responsive enough to everyone in my claims list to not get yelled at for 2 hours every morning. Every week, they analyze the number of claims you close each day so they can add more the following week.

The only guy out of my onboarding class that lasted over a year figured out the game and hid in the bathroom for several hours a day until they decreased his claim load to something he felt like handling. It took them about 18 months to fire him, haha.

Farmers could charge half what we pay anywhere else and I will never send a penny their way.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked in that building for a few months as a total loss adjuster. It is the only job I didnt give at least two weeks notice when I left because I WANTED them to blacklist me from ever going back in a moment of desperation.

They intentionally gave you more claims than could be handled in a timely manner and if you werent logged out of your phone on the minute your 8 hours was up, just wait for the parade of leadership to discuss how OT was not being approved. So, we werent allowed to make new calls or accept incoming calls within 30min of our shift end so we didnt risk going over. That meant the following morning, we spent the first couple of hours returning calls where the customer was pissed they couldnt get someone 30min before our shift end. I had a good knack for working with disgruntled people (managing tech support for repo guys for a few years), so I approached it as rock n roll and I can be responsive enough to everyone in my claims list to not get yelled at for 2 hours every morning. Every week, they analyze the number of claims you close each day so they can add more the following week.

The only guy out of my onboarding class that lasted over a year figured out the game and hid in the bathroom for several hours a day until they decreased his claim load to something he felt like handling. It took them about 18 months to fire him, haha.

Farmers could charge half what we pay anywhere else and I will never send a penny their way.

You were one of the smart ones. Good move.

Latest posts

Top Bottom