Stealth Cam Customer Service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've decided to not use any trail cameras or anything.
Just go out in the field & be surprised with what show up. That is the way it alway used to be back in the day before the automatic motion tripped cameras. This is hunting. Using cameras & picking out a deer before you actually see it in person is more like stocking.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After JUST a 30 minute wait yesterday a technician who I had worked with before answered the call. I was trying to get a FIRMWARE-Update zip file to load onto my sd card. I think I accomplished it but it would not load onto my camera. The end result was the company is going to send me an sd card that has the zip file already loaded on it. I should receive it early next week. Now if it will just load successfully.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After JUST a 30 minute wait yesterday a technician who I had worked with before answered the call. I was trying to get a FIRMWARE-Update zip file to load onto my sd card. I think I accomplished it but it would not load onto my camera. The end result was the company is going to send me an sd card that has the zip file already loaded on it. I should receive it early next week. Now if it will just load successfully.

When I was battling with Spypoint they sent me a SD card when it was under warranty but once it was out it was we can send ya one but it’s $17 or something like that.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just go out in the field & be surprised with what show up. That is the way it alway used to be back in the day before the automatic motion tripped cameras. This is hunting. Using cameras & picking out a deer before you actually see it in person is more like stocking.

Know how many bucks I've killed that I wanted to kill that I've seen on cams since 2009? Three, two with muzzleloader and one with bow, that's out of about 25-30 that would I have like to have killed that I have no idea what happened to except for two that I found dead during the spring. It's hardly a for sure deal............. Know how many I've glassed on the Friday evening before rifle that I've never seen before or on cam and killed the next morning? 2 for 2 :)

If we're going to start down the "back in the day when it was real hunting" talk, you better go get your spear sharpened and your throwing arm loosened up and some throwing rocks gathered lol. It says right in the regs that air propelled and hand propelled missiles are legal for some game, not legal for deer though, so you better get out your selfbow you made with hand cut staves, leather wrapped grip, sinew string, river cane arrows, turkey feather fletching, sinew laced flint knapped heads of course lol.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not talking about going back that far,
But back far enough before cell phone game cameras, gps maps, rifles with long range scopes, etc.
Yes, I've taken my fair share of deer with a lever action rifle with only iron sights. Back to basics.

Toothpick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mr. T, I’ve essentially been camera free this year (not by choice, by spypoint LOL) and killed a big buck that I hadn’t seen on a camera. I will say that if I had working cameras he would have been dead opening morning and saved me a little stress, but it worked out. I look at cameras as a tool to determine which bucks or shooters. I’ve had years that I knew I was only shooting a doe unless a new buck showed up during the rut. I hadn’t shot a buck since 2011, so they haven’t helped me shoot bucks, but have kept me from shooting bucks that had potential to be trophies (there’s another debate). To each his own I say. I will agree that it was like old times for me this year, which was kinda cool, but it could have been another buck less year for me just because I’m picky.
I do wish more folks would harvest does, but that’s a third debate.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More power to ya! Get out that long bow and loin cloth, and you do you, Boo Boo!:thumb:

As for me, I will continue to use my cameras and be very selective on the bucks I shoot. Like Toothpick said, cameras give me an opportunity to evaluate bucks before they walk out, and I have to make a snap judgment whether to shoot or not. I’ve found that snap decisions are rarely the best decisions especially when it comes to shooting bucks.:censored:

Latest posts

Top Bottom