Steel Challenge @ OKCGC 3-12-16

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steel challenge is a great way to way to keep the fundamentals sharp for the more experienced shooters or to introduce new & Jr. shooters to the shooting sports. Bring the kids.

At the clubhouse starting at around 9:30

We're planning on 6 stages, 5 strings each, 5 targets per string.
Approx. 150 Min. Round Count

Rimfire:
Pistol/Rifle (no tube fed rifles)

Centerfire:
Pistol Caliber Only (Carbines must be 9mm/40/45acp)

Divisions:
Rimfire Open
Rimfire Irons

Centerfire Open
Centerfire Limited
Centerfire Revolver

Rimfire Rifle Open
Rimfire Rifle Irons

Carbine Open
Carbine Irons

10AM start time [sign-in will start about 9:30]
Setup will begin Sat. at 8:30 & all help is appreciated

$15 for club members, $20 for non-members, $5 for a second gun (2 guns max)
$5 for the kiddos.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to try to get my brother and a friend of mine to go this weekend. We've been doing a steel challenge elsewhere, but doing it more often would be great.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm planning on going to this too. With all the recent rain, I'm afraid the range will be too wet or it may be raining that day.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is normally on the 3rd Saturday, but we moved it up a week due to the Old Fort Shootout in Ft Smith March 19-20th. I wonder if I started a thread for that....

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A wet range isn't a big deal, as long as the target plates can be set out. Since Steel Challenge doesn't involve movement to different shooting positions there is no reason to be concerned about anything but setup and tear-down.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made it out for this shoot and really enjoyed myself. I'd like to extend an apology to all of the other squads that were slowed down by our squad. My brother, niece and I are relatively new to this and apparently we are REALLY slow. :-)

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were just dealing with a squad with several new shooters and everyone of us was shooting 2 guns except Sam. Next time we just need to be better at being ready when it's our turn to shoot.
Jeff

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the Rest to God.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Made it out for this shoot and really enjoyed myself. I'd like to extend an apology to all of the other squads that were slowed down by our squad. My brother, niece and I are relatively new to this and apparently we are REALLY slow. :-)

Our squad may have been slow but I still had fun. It was nice to meet you guys.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were just dealing with a squad with several new shooters and everyone of us was shooting 2 guns except Sam. Next time we just need to be better at being ready when it's our turn to shoot.
Jeff

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the Rest to God.

Maybe I should have brought my M&P 15-22 as well, I have been wanting to shoot a steel challenge with it too. Next time :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom