1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Oklahoma City Steel core 12 gauge slugs

Discussion in 'Ammo, Accessories, Etc.' started by Moparman485, Sep 10, 2019 at 4:24 PM.

1. Moparman485

Moparman485 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Item Name: Steel core 12 gauge slugs

Zip Code: 73069

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: norman, 4058212160

RIO Royal MG steel core rifled 12 gauge slugs. Part number RMG12. These are 2 3/4, 1 1/8 ounce, steel cored, and approximately 1510 FPS velocity. I got these for a prior project but decided to go with sabot slugs instead. These are fairly uncommon and are some very wicked rounds. I have run this in my pump and semi auto without issues. I have a large quantity of these available and will sell by the 5rd box or 250ct case.

I would also also consider trades for 3 inch buckshot, or Brenneke/Hornady slugs. I am located in norman. Would also consider trades for 375 HH reloading supplies, certain reloading powders, certain red dot optics, some scopes, or firearms. I’m rather open to be honest just message and we can go from there. Asking $6 per box of 5.

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. OKShooters.com does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.

2. Timmy59

Timmy59 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If you find yourself in Shawnee on a weekday I'd take 25rds..

3. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I want to know what the "project" was to have so many slugs.

4. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  5. Moparman485

Moparman485 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The “project” was a heavy dedicated hog pump shotgun. Not sure why that was so eluding of a concept. Haha. Decided to go instead with a short barreled (18) 30-06 instead. These were going to just sit in the can collecting proverbial dust so figured others may prefer them instead.

6. Moparman485

Moparman485 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Idk if I would call them true AP, but after looking At tests and reviews of them online, they definitely pack much more penetrating punch than a straight lead core. That’s why I was originally wanting them as where we hunt, bumping into 300-450 pound wild boar isn’t too uncommon. So every inch of penetration I can get between me and that pissed off bunch of pork was worth it! Haha. I never tried them personally on game or anything “armored” but in my 835 pump gun smoothbore (no choke) they grouped fairly well. This was standing rapid fire at 25 yards. Was more of a function test than anything (making sure they could cycle fast without hanging up), but was using only the bead and brass sights.

Attached Files:

7. Moparman485

Moparman485 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I’ll post some of the “dissection” images I found of them and one I cut apart

8. Moparman485

Moparman485 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Here they are

Attached Files:

9. Moparman485

Moparman485 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The core is tightly screwed into the base and to get the two halves separated, you basically have to cut one of them apart