Steel targets locally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what it takes to make these targets? Is is just regular steel plate? Because I'll totally start making some.

Most I've seen are from AR500 steel.

Here are some general industry rules for AR500

• 0-700ft-lbs = ¼” AR500
  • 700-2100ft-lbs = ⅜” AR500
  • 2100-4000ft-lbs = ½” AR500
  • 4000-10000ft-lbs = ⅝” AR500
Taken from here... https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-ar500-steel-targets/

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what it takes to make these targets? Is is just regular steel plate? Because I'll totally start making some.

You’ll need a water jet or plasma cutter or a really deep stash of tiger paws to keep the edges from looking like a saw blade.

My nephew is wanting some steel and I’d like to put some up here at the house. If I ever get the time to do it, I’ll fire up the lightning knife and whittle some out.

The price of everything from beans to buttwipe, I’m nearly skeered to price a sheet of A500 or A550.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’ll need a water jet or plasma cutter or a really deep stash of tiger paws to keep the edges from looking like a saw blade.

My nephew is wanting some steel and I’d like to put some up here at the house. If I ever get the time to do it, I’ll fire up the lightning knife and whittle some out.

The price of everything from beans to buttwipe, I’m nearly skeered to price a sheet of A500 or A550.
I wouldn’t mind having an excuse to pick up a plasma cutter, but yeah, I’m terrified to price out a sheet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom