Steel Targets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can find lots of spinners, etc in lots of catalogs like sportsmans guide, cabellas, bass pro, mid south shooter and so on.
The one I really like for me is designed to shoot .22 and has 4 hanging 2" plates that spin up an lock out of sight. The 5th plate is the "key". When you hit it, it trips and lets the four other targets drop down for another shooting session. You never have to walk up to the target to reset it.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can find lots of spinners, etc in lots of catalogs like sportsmans guide, cabellas, bass pro, mid south shooter and so on.
The one I really like for me is designed to shoot .22 and has 4 hanging 2" plates that spin up an lock out of sight. The 5th plate is the "key". When you hit it, it trips and lets the four other targets drop down for another shooting session. You never have to walk up to the target to reset it.

I have one like your talking about and I shot it for the first time this weekend and it is awesome! I was shooting my .22 and my 9's at it.

I bought mine from a guy at a gun show a while back. That's all the sold was spinning targets.

Horty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for something that can handle a .223 so most of those spinners would not work. One time, when I was younger and less intelligent, I was shooting an AR at the little animal spinners that you can buy at Acadamy or BassPro, anyway I was getting really mad because I was not hitting the targets. After about 10 rounds I decided to go look at the target for some reason and I was surprised to see that I had actually been hitting them, but the round was going through them so fast that it was not really moving the target at all!

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For centerfire rifles you need something like AR500 steel.

I don't know anyone in OK that sells it.

I think wideners had plate targets for sale, I also like MGM.

Hopefully someone sales AR500 around here. I have been wondering what kind of steel is used for rifle targets. I want to make my own. I can weld and so can most of my friends so I want to make my own. Some of the ones people on here have listed are nice but $$$.

Latest posts

Top Bottom