"Step Up Oklahoma" says they can solve OK financial woes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sarcasm noted. However, you know these "nonpartisan business, civic and community leaders" aren't doing this out of the goodness of their hearts..

Xuvi7sk.jpg
Well done!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"you do not have a clue about school funding." Bud, that was tongue in cheek, a poke at the politicians who lied and told us that all the wagering and betting would solve our school problems. People were all for the schools and believed the lies and turned out an voted for the lottery and horse racing. You see what we got for our support and votes.
It's been said that "Too many cooks spoil the broth," in our case in many quarters, it's too many lawyers that spoil the entire meal. We don't need any lawyers, we need someone to hold the people in charge of the budget accountable.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bringing this back up to the top. Seems like it is gaining a lot of support. My gut tells me it's a lot of smoke and mirrors. Why would a bunch of non-politicians push this if it doesnt do something big in return?

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you? Please tell us.
I think I did already. I know you are attempting to be a smart ass, but it is sort of pointless 3 weeks later, after a graph has already been posted, and the original post I responded to was less than intelligent.

Last edited:

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When this thread was posted a few weeks ago I didn't read the Step Up proposals, just assumed like others that with certain people involved it's probably "no good." But, having just looked through the list of proposals, there are some, at least on their face, very good and needed reforms in this list. Some of these have been supported by conservative legislators for years but fell on deaf ears. Public discourse about the pros and cons, regardless of who is proposing them, could lead to some real positive changes for our state.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mr. Small from the OCPA commented yesterday on Pat Campbell's show that Oklahoma .gov spending has increased over 70% since 1991. And this is adjusted for population growth and inflation. PATHETIC!

Here's the podcast from yesterday's show. Mr. Small provided some interesting and insightful information and details about the new Fallin budget.

https://art19.com/shows/pat-campbell-podcast/episodes/5e34d601-3519-4010-aaca-7ecf58f84389

Mr. Small is running for governor, from his interview yesterday, he may be a great choice!

upload_2018-2-8_7-31-58.png

Jonathan Small, C.P.A., serves as President and joined the staff in December of 2010. Previously, Jonathan served as a budget analyst for the Oklahoma Office of State Finance, as a fiscal policy analyst and research analyst for the Oklahoma House of Representatives, and as director of government affairs for the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Small’s work includes co-authoring “Economics 101” with Dr. Arthur Laffer and Dr. Wayne Winegarden, and his policy expertise has been referenced by The Oklahoman, the Tulsa World, National Review, the L.A. Times, The Hill, the Wall Street Journal and the Huffington Post. His weekly column “Free Market Friday” is published by the Journal Record and syndicated in 27 markets. A recipient of the American Legislative Exchange Council’s prestigious Private Sector Member of the Year award, Small is nationally recognized for his work to promote free markets, limited government and innovative public policy reforms. Jonathan holds a B.A. in Accounting from the University of Central Oklahoma and is a Certified Public Accountant.

http://www.ocpathink.org/index.php

Latest posts

Top Bottom