"Step Up Oklahoma" says they can solve OK financial woes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I did already. I know you are attempting to be a smart ass, but it is sort of pointless 3 weeks later, after a graph has already been posted, and the original post I responded to was less than intelligent.
I did see the graph, but that is just the lottery I believe. I was thinking you could tell us where all the other funding was going. I guess not, instead you call names. I will refrain. The point to be made is we have given public education more and more money and got nothing in return. Since I can't tell where the money is going, I say cut it off. No teachers don't need a raise, in a year or two they will want another. Just because the states around us pay more doesn't mean we can or should. Let me help you understand. Dallas/Fort worth has a population of over 6,000,000 people, that's almost twice the state of Oklahoma, you think you can compete with that. If we raise the teacher pay, you don't think Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, Houston, etc. can't raise there pay. That is a bidding war and we will lose! I can't address all the problems we have so I will stop, but "Step up Oklahoma" is another step down for Oklahoma!

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I did already.
I did see the graph, but that is just the lottery I believe. I was thinking you could tell us where all the other funding was going. I guess not, instead you call names. I will refrain. The point to be made is we have given public education more and more money and got nothing in return. Since I can't tell where the money is going, I say cut it off. No teachers don't need a raise, in a year or two they will want another. Just because the states around us pay more doesn't mean we can or should. Let me help you understand. Dallas/Fort worth has a population of over 6,000,000 people, that's almost twice the state of Oklahoma, you think you can compete with that. If we raise the teacher pay, you don't think Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, Houston, etc. can't raise there pay. That is a bidding war and we will lose! I can't address all the problems we have so I will stop, but "Step up Oklahoma" is another step down for Oklahoma!
uninformed

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picking up parts today at a wholesaler supply house. When I pulled up, 2 Norman Public School trucks in the parking lot. I went in, ordered my stuff and went out back to help get my items. Not 2, but 3 NPS employees in the back. What were they getting that would take 3 men and 2 trucks? A single 30 gallon water heater and misc install parts. The parts house guys were trucking the heater and getting the parts, the NPS employees were shooting the breeze sucking on a cup of coffee.
I picked up as much or more stuff as they did, estimate half the time. I loaded up, signed the ticket, went outside to get in my truck and they were leaving also. This is what pisses me off. 3 f..king men to do the job of one. Mine and your tax dollars at work. I currently work 1.5 days a week for my tax liability and someone thinks I should work 2 days to support them when I see people loafing on MY dime. Think again.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picking up parts today at a wholesaler supply house. When I pulled up, 2 Norman Public School trucks in the parking lot. I went in, ordered my stuff and went out back to help get my items. Not 2, but 3 NPS employees in the back. What were they getting that would take 3 men and 2 trucks? A single 30 gallon water heater and misc install parts. The parts house guys were trucking the heater and getting the parts, the NPS employees were shooting the breeze sucking on a cup of coffee.
I picked up as much or more stuff as they did, estimate half the time. I loaded up, signed the ticket, went outside to get in my truck and they were leaving also. This is what pisses me off. 3 f..king men to do the job of one. Mine and your tax dollars at work. I currently work 1.5 days a week for my tax liability and someone thinks I should work 2 days to support them when I see people loafing on MY dime. Think again.

Great point!
Not all education expenses are in teachers salaries.
We have the second best paid administrator in the state with a population of 29,000.
That's where the brunt of our education expenses go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom