Sterling, Oklahoma Teachers carrying guns soon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
ONE teacher in each school is better than what we have now (speaking of teachers that carry, not SROs).

And I'm so damn sick of hearing about how strapped our schools are. Oklahoma is ranked #8 in the country for school administrative spending. Number EIGHT! What are we getting for it? I hear we are dead ass last in all things school. I saw a news clip yesterday that had video in the state house that said the lottery fund was raided and nobody knows where it went and there's no way to find out. Really?

Fix all that then, then audit the whole state's school expenditures and then we can talk about other items like revenue increases, etc. I'd lay money on the table that says we'd be able to fund a lot of strapped teachers, RSOs and volunteers without raising a dime from the taxpayers.
I'm glad you feel that way, but what does it solve?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad you feel that way, but what does it solve?

School Administrators is a racket in Ok.
I don't know about any other state, but its BS in OK how much they get paid.
Our School Administrator in Ponca City is the second or third highest paid in the state.
His salary in the trickle down mode should insure top college scores, etc, and it doesn't work out that way.
PC is low.
It's all politics and I know how and who. It's amazing the support this guy gets for poor performance.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ONE teacher in each school is better than what we have now (speaking of teachers that carry, not SROs).

And I'm so damn sick of hearing about how strapped our schools are. Oklahoma is ranked #8 in the country for school administrative spending. Number EIGHT! What are we getting for it? I hear we are dead ass last in all things school. I saw a news clip yesterday that had video in the state house that said the lottery fund was raided and nobody knows where it went and there's no way to find out. Really?

Fix all that then, then audit the whole state's school expenditures and then we can talk about other items like revenue increases, etc. I'd lay money on the table that says we'd be able to fund a lot of strapped teachers, RSOs and volunteers without raising a dime from the taxpayers.
Legislature also voted down consolidating superintendents in small schools too. Oklahoma has way to many districts, many need to be consolidated and admin costs would go way down. Money is not making it to the classroom, kids or teachers so an audit would be welcomed by most.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Legislature also voted down consolidating superintendents in small schools too. Oklahoma has way to many districts, many need to be consolidated and admin costs would go way down. Money is not making it to the classroom, kids or teachers so an audit would be welcomed by most.

This is long over due, and so needs to happen.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
and, what does that have to do with keeping kids safe?

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
School Administrators is a racket in Ok.
I don't know about any other state, but its BS in OK how much they get paid.
Our School Administrator in Ponca City is the second or third highest paid in the state.
His salary in the trickle down mode should insure top college scores, etc, and it doesn't work out that way.
PC is low.
It's all politics and I know how and who. It's amazing the support this guy gets for poor performance.
Agreed. A lot of that going on in other areas of the political spectrum in OK as well

Latest posts

Top Bottom