Stickies / Pinned topics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since this IS the reloading section, would it be possible to do designated topics for common/popular calibers with people's input on pet loads etc? Make threads, and then pin/sticky them to the front page, so they dont get lost into the dead pages past 2 or 3 deep. Do threads for say as an example:
Case prep
Loading basics
30-06
300wm
7rm
30-30
223/5.56
6.5cm
6.5 x47L
7-08
45acp
9mm
40/10mm
45 LC
44mag
357/38spcl

Etc etc.

Might be nice to have a common spot for each caliber/cartridge, with the understanding that every firearm is different, prudent reloading practices should be used to work up, and not just take someone else's load and try it without a workup. They use this format over on Snipers Hide and I find it to be handy to see other peoples experience, and to share my own. Thoughts?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would be cool.
Something else that would be nice to do ,I read about it in an old 196? reloading book.

Send 3 small items snail mail like 3 things that weigh different amounts like flat steel slugs .
Have the first person weigh each item and then send it to another reloader,, then another until 10 reloaders have weighed the items.
Then post results..
You will find out why you do not follow other peoples recipe's.
Of course we do know that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We try to keep sticky's at a minimum. If you have too many sticky's like the old OSA had, the entire front page is covered in sticky's.
We could possibly do Shotgun pet reloads, Rifle pet reloads, and pistol pet reloads and keep it to three.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, could there not be a "Pet Load" page for nothing but everyone's load for specific chamberings. It would be nothing but a sticky page. Reloading questions could still be on this page.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, could there not be a "Pet Load" page for nothing but everyone's load for specific chamberings. It would be nothing but a sticky page. Reloading questions could still be on this page.
Like a sub forum. Gotcha.
Creating a new reloading page like has been described is way above my paygrade to perform.
What I would suggest is for the OP to go to the help forum, and then the sub forum of "private help forum".
What happens there is that all of the moderators and the site owner can see the request at one time, and interact with the OP directly to see if this request is feasible.
Y'all pick somebody to do it, as the rest of the forum will not be able to see what is said in the private help forum. Only the OP, mods and forum owner.
It's a great way to present Ideas.

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would be cool.
Something else that would be nice to do ,I read about it in an old 196? reloading book.

Send 3 small items snail mail like 3 things that weigh different amounts like flat steel slugs .
Have the first person weigh each item and then send it to another reloader,, then another until 10 reloaders have weighed the items.
Then post results..
You will find out why you do not follow other peoples recipe's.
Of course we do know that.

I don't think anyone understands what is being said in the above statement.
In short it says" DON'T use someones posted load data, in stickies or otherwise.
Get at least 2 good load manuals and use them.
Rant over.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You sure as heck do not want to use some of my loads. Way off the wall stuff that is not in books.
If you load long enough you will have your own pet loads, and you may start experimenting.
But I have also installed Ford Engines into a Chevy, Chevy into Dodge and Buicks into a Fordn and many more. Sometimes I am just not right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom