Sticky Holster Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some serious funds tied up in nice leather belts and holsters; but lately, I have been using a Sticky Holster for my Glock 43 and it is the best $26 I have spent in a long time. I spend a lot of time in sweats/gym shorts, and finding a way to go forth with a concealed weapon in an evil world dressed in such attire is difficult, unless I want to wear the fanny pack, that is. So this simple little rig is made of a tacky material which makes it work well in the pocket or just stuck down in your waistband; no belt required. With a lightweight pistol like the G43, it works fine. I go to the gym almost every day, and the Sticky Holster lets me take my G43 with me dressed in just work out clothing. You can wear it appendix, at 3:30 O'clock, whatever you want. My wife has one for her Kimber Micro and it keeps the pistol covered and protected in the side pocket of her purse. The tacky material keeps the holster in your pocket or waistband (or purse) when you draw the gun. It works as advertised. Check these things out, I swear it's worth the money, as long as you don't expect to carry a full size 1911. https://stickyholsters.com/

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your holster sounds a lot like the Remora holster. Tacky material that stays put when just shoved in the pants. I have one for the P7. They work surprisingly well.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would surmise that most pocket holsters would do the same thing. I have used sticky holsters with LCP's in the past, but on my custom, it wore the polished blue flats in a matter of days. I do like them though, but might try the kydex inserts that Wilshire carries for them.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sticking a pocket holster in the waistband of a pair of sweatpants is a bad idea. No matter who makes the holster

posted via Tapatalk

It may not be the best way to carry, but it does allow me to at least carry, when dressed in sweats. Seriously; why do you say it's a bad idea? I recognize you as an experienced, knowledgeable guy and would like your thoughts on this.

Edit: sticky holsters advertises as an IWB holster that can be used as a pocket holster.

Your holster sounds a lot like the Remora holster. Tacky material that stays put when just shoved in the pants. I have one for the P7. They work surprisingly well.

Yes, I think the Remora and the Sticky Holster are much alike.

Last edited:

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may not be the best way to carry, but it does allow me to at least carry, when dressed in sweats. Seriously; why do you say it's a bad idea? I recognize you as an experienced, knowledgeable guy and would like your thoughts on this.
Edit: sticky holsters advertises as an IWB holster that can be used as a pocket holster.

I probably should have said "for me" But here is why.

1. It is not secured to anything and it will come out if you run, jump or fight
2. The holster doesn't have any retention (fine for pocket carry but not waistband)

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I probably should have said "for me" But here is why.

1. It is not secured to anything and it will come out if you run, jump or fight
2. The holster doesn't have any retention (fine for pocket carry but not waistband)

This. I have a sticky holster and it's a novelty holster. I would only ever use it as a "run to the gas station" holster. In my experience it has no place being an edc holster for a few reasons.

It doesn't allow for a consistent grip. The gun moves constantly. One time the grip might be all the way against the waistband and the next it might be 3 inches above the waistband.

You can't guarantee you will get a good grip because it moves around too much.

The gun will cant in all directions as well.

There are plenty of legit holster makers (dsg, jmck, keepers) that make kydex holsters that you can use with sweatpants that will give you a much better grip.

Having a gun on you is great. But if you can't draw it or fumble the draw it could cost you your life.

Also, you cant practice with it or safely reholster the firearm with one hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Solid info in the posts above. I agree it's by no means the ideal way to carry a pistol IWB. But, in my opinion, it beats having the gun in a pistol rug or holster inside my gym bag. I am going to wear a regular Gun Belt and a Milt Sparks Summer Special II IWB today because it is a far better way to carry a pistol. The Sticky Holster has a lot of limitations but still, for some applications, it meets my needs.

MadJimFlynt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a sticky holster to hold my revolver in my vehicle between the driver seat and console. For jogging and going to the gym I carry my Glock 26 in a Pistol Wear holster. It holds the firearm much more securely and against my body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackRiflesBoy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a similar holster for my Glock 26. I love it. I want to buy one of these after seeing them at H&h. It seems more grippy than what I have. I carry it in cargo short pockets and it works just fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom