Still buying Nike or do you even care?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't bought a new pair of shoes in several years, but... I do need to get some. Was just telling my wife this the other day, she suggested we go over to Rack Room Shoes and find some, but I put it off.

My question is, if I want some tennis shoes, what mainstream company IS a GOOD option? They all support this woke, stupidity while sourcing their products from sweatshops paying pennies a day to their laborers.

So what decent options are there for nice, comfortable and somewhat stylish sneakers?

And no, I ain't wearing Cons.
I get the Made in the USA New Balance. Pricey, but comfortable

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few Nike headbands that I got on a closeout a few years back. They're made of a thin material rather than the terrycloth-like material of most headbands, so it fits more comfortably under my hat, but it does just as good at keeping the sweat off my glasses. Other than that, I couldn't tell you the last time I bought anything from those jake-legged peckerwoods.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For being made in China, they should be much cheaper. When I was athletic and was a runner, it was difficult to buy a good running shoe that matched Nike. But since I'm old and out if shape now, not buying any expensive Nikes anytime soon. My knockoff shoes work just fine for occasional trips to the gym or PT appointments.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i don’t buy Nike stuff anymore. Found NewBalance is better quality, & haven’t found any overt woke claims by them.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I like it, I buy it.....Don't care what their politics are.

Its a truly liberating method of living.
I wish I could take this attitude, but if I know a company purposely pisses on my values, I just can’t buy their products not that my single purchase will make them or break them. However, I know there are alot of “woke” companies that aren’t “in your face” about their ideals and policies, and in those cases if I don’t know, I will still buy their products in my ignorant bliss.:anyone:

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I could take this attitude, but if I know a company purposely pisses on my values, I just can’t buy their products not that my single purchase will make them or break them. However, I know there are alot of “woke” companies that aren’t “in your face” about their ideals and policies, and in those cases if I don’t know, I will still buy their products in my ignorant bliss.:anyone:
I used to be that way...until I realized that they care about me about as much as I care about them. My few dollars here and there isn't going to change their beliefs, just like my single vote here and there doesn't make a drop of difference. My personal well being is much more affected by buying things I like than by attempting to alter someone else's belief structure.

Once you stop worrying about things you cant personally fix, life becomes so much easier. I worry about me and mine, and the rest can take care of itself.

Gunblinder

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t bought myself a pair of athletic shoes since I got a pair of brooks 2.5 yrs ago, i usually just wear my Thorogood boots, they are that comfortable

Latest posts

Top Bottom