Still waiting on those background checks for cars....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not like they are constitutionally protected or anything... Probably should have a ten day waiting list as well. And filling up should require going to an authorized distributor and a license allowing you to make the purchase.

I think we need to start pushing the argument harder if they want to limit a constitutional right that those same limitations need to be applied to anything else that can do harm. The list includes knives, and baseball bats, among other things.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hit-run-driver-strikes-people-altercation-article-1.3901582

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just going to get one of those cars that drive themselves, kinda like having a wife!

Till your car screws up and runs over a busload of kids crossing the street in a construction zone. Ultimately it will be your fault.

I think the "self driving" vehicles will be fine for long stretches. Get on the interstate set the cruise and doze for a 1000 mile trip sounds good. Construction zone a warning goes off and you drive. Same thing in town. Limited access road ok fine I can give that one but otherwise pay attention and drive.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By issuing driver licenses and enforcing traffic codes the government is involved in what is elsewhere known as “quality control.” People need to start suing the government when their persons or property are damaged by people who have made it through the quality control steps and failed to uphold the standard. However, if no licenses were issued, and no standards codified, the government could not reasonably be held liable for quality control. Such actions might make the government think REALLY hard about issuing ANY kind of license....

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t need a license because I’m traveling not driving.

This is EXACTLY correct. We the people have an unlimited natural right to travel, unimpeded. The way the statutes are written, they differentiate legally between “driving” and “traveling.” So if you are “driving a motor vehicle” you are performing a commercial act and therefore are subject to whatever regulations they see fit. However, if you are “traveling in a personal conveyance” that is a private act and is not subject to regulations because it is a natural right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom