Stillwater ProGun/NoGun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ritchurd.price

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I should be getting my SDA license very soon. In order to help make the time pass and become a more responsible concealed carrier before I start, I started compiling a list of places in Stillwater that are either "ProGun" or "NoGun". I only started the list yesterday but here's what I have so far. Please reply if you know of any others that aren't on the list (too numerous to even count)!

ProGun

Aspen Coffee (Lakeview)
The Bank N.A. (Concealed only)
Best Pawn
Cavender's
Chick-fil-A (NOT IN THE STUDENT UNION)
Cigarette Outlet
Cowboy Stop (Valero north of town)
Duffy Dry Clean City ("Sure")
EZPawn (Concealed preferred)
Firestone Auto ("Of course!")
Food Pyramid ("Albertson's" for the veteran Stillwaterites)
Git 'n Galup (Perkins Road) (Will check your license if you open carry)
Hastings
Hock Shop II
Hobby Lobby
Hughes Lumber
Kinnunen Service Center
Lowe's
Mazzio's
Nikki's Greek Restaurant
O'Reilly Auto Parts
OnCue Express (Called one store, but I'm assuming each one is the same since it's a corporation and not a franchise)
P&K Equipment (Called, open carry only? Not sure, I'll have to drop by sometime)
Pioneer Tire (Absolutely positively 100% for the second amendment. Vic's awesome)
Rib Crib
Short Stop (Valero on 6th)
Staples
Starbucks (inside Food Pyramid)
Stillwater Armory
Stillwater Building Center
Stillwater Summit
Sunnybrook Christian Church
Territory Western Apparel
Texas Roadhouse (Concealed only, discourages open carry due to being a family restaurant. Don't carry at the bar of course)
Walmart

NoGun

Advance Auto Parts
Atwoods (Called, surprised on this one. I really liked that store)
AutoZone
Barry Sanders Supercenter*
Brooklyn's (No firearms of any kind, stated the "bar atmosphere")
Buffalo Wild Wings
Burger King
Carmike Cinema 10
Chipotle
Eskimo Joes*
Louie's Grill and Bar*
Marquis Furniture*
NAPA Auto Parts
Northern Oklahoma College
Oklahoma State University
Payne County Courthouse
Pizza Hut
Post Office
Starbucks (not in Food Pyramid)
Stillwater Mill (This is understandable. Grain dust from feed can become explosive)
Stillwater Public Library
Thomas Ford*
Wall's Bargain Center ("No, not at the moment")

*= Information taken from friendorfoe.us Haven't confirmed by calling any of these stores yet, but I'm weary to take any information from this site; it doesn't look like it has been updated in awhile, at least for the Stillwater area.

Last edited:

ritchurd.price

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't you get a misdemeanor for carrying on private property where it's not welcome? Plus I'd prefer to not patronize stores that don't allow it. (I'm giving the mill a pass on that though)

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they ask you to leave, LEAVE! Its a tresspass if you dont.(im not a lawyer) i only unarm myself when going to places the SDA says are off limits, like my kids school.

ritchurd.price

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they ask you to leave, LEAVE! Its a tresspass if you dont.(im not a lawyer) i only unarm myself when going to places the SDA says are off limits, like my kids school.
I understand and agree with you. I just think it would be easier to know of these places beforehand so I'm not inconvenienced and know not to shop there.

ritchurd.price

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brooklyn's is a no go. Manager stated that he was sorry to inhibit 2nd amendment rights, but he couldn't do it because of the "bar atmosphere." But the bar wasn't the main source of income.. oh well. I'll add it to the original list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom