Stillwater ProGun/NoGun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ritchurd.price

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rule 1 - Don't call and ask. Show up and if there is a sign on the door, either ignore it and if asked to leave then do so, or go some place else.

One problem with calling is that you may get someones opinion and not the policy. Every AutoZone I have been to is carry friendly, just not for employees. Starbucks policy is to follow local law even though they prefer you not carry in the store but they don't post gunbuster signs. Another problem is you point out the lack of signage to someone who may complain to management and then the next thing you know, they put signs on the door. So a place that has not been posted in the past now becomes posted.

"For these reasons, today we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas—even in states where “open carry” is permitted—unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel."

http://www.starbucks.com/blog/an-op...-schultz-ceo-of-starbucks-coffee-company/1268

Why would you want to patronize an establishment that's anti-2a anyway, signage or not?

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"For these reasons, today we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas-even in states where “open carry” is permitted-unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel."

http://www.starbucks.com/blog/an-op...-schultz-ceo-of-starbucks-coffee-company/1268

Why would you want to patronize an establishment that's anti-2a anyway, signage or not?

I was just pointing out that Starbucks is not technically a no-carry place. Not endorsing them or anything else. I would also guess that when pressed, every major company that we carry in everyday now, would say that they don't really want firearms in the store. Companies have taken the "we follow local law" stance simply because that keeps them out of the debate (generally speaking).

When was the last time a national chain came out and said something like, "Yes, we welcome customers carrying guns in our stores"? All I can remember them saying is "we follow state and local laws". Starbucks was just bold enough to be the first one to announce their actually position, then Target. "We don't like it, but we won't turn away your money".

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When was the last time a national chain came out and said something like, "Yes, we welcome customers carrying guns in our stores"? All I can remember them saying is "we follow state and local laws". Starbucks was just bold enough to be the first one to announce their actually position, then Target. "We don't like it, but we won't turn away your money".
Maybe not a big chain but I'll visit next time i'm in CO
http://www.shootersgrillofrifle.com/

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concealed is concealed.
Don't go on campus with it, or to the bar, and you'll be ok. I carry in atwoods all the time, never saw a gun buster on the door.

Latest posts

Top Bottom