1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Stillwater Rifle & Pistol Club VS Camo Corner

Discussion in 'Gun Club/Range Talk' started by RustedBeef, Sep 12, 2017.

1. RustedBeef

RustedBeef Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Turns out Camo Corner has done away with day passes and now requires a membership costing $150 a year and Stillwater's gun club has a yearly pass for basically the same price. Does anyone have experience with SRPC? I need some help deciding which to subscribe to since I've only been to Camo Corner.

2. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

I haven't heard of the Stillwater gun club.
    There used to be a gun club around Lake McMurtry, but I heard they folded?
    There is an OSU gun club that has been shooting at Camo Corner with some students travelling to matches around OK.
    Edit: day passes suck and Camo Corner finally found that out.
    A human has to be constantly involved in issuing the day passes. Camo corner runs another business and it can interfere with day to day operations.
    Our range in Ponca does not issue day passes as we don't have a daily attendant.
    Also, when you have a membership, one tends to respect the range and their rules more so than if you're there and gone.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  3. RustedBeef

RustedBeef Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    A friend at work told me he goes to the club near the lake, which I think is the srpc, and their facebook page has upcoming events planned this month. I think our police trains there, too. I'm not a student so I dunno about joining their group lol.

dennishoddy likes this.
  4. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Interested to hear about your results. If you get an update, post it here.

5. RustedBeef

RustedBeef Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'll ask my friend at work Thursday if I can't make my lazy behind pick up the phone before then.

dennishoddy likes this.
  6. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

LOL.....

7. deerwhacker444

deerwhacker444 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I was a member of the SRPC for 6-7 years or so when I lived and worked up in that area, range is North of McMurtry. Nice place to shoot. In the off times one can have the whole place to yourself. Never had more than 2-3 other shooters there at once. It was well maintained, nice covered shooting areas and burms out to 500. It used to be one range with the police, then they built the new range for the club and the police have one side all to themselves. The 150 bucks helps weed out the jerk-offs who bring old TV and Refrigerators out to shoot at.

If I was still up that way, I wouldn't hesitate joining SRPC for an instant, I really liked it.

8. SPDguns

SPDguns Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    This is all correct. www.sprc.info is their website. The good thing about SPRC is Tactical Timmy with his HiPoint in a drop leg open carry holster is less likely to show up. SPRC requires a safety/orientation before you can go out yourself. You can take guests. Pistol range out to 25 and berms out to 500. There is a permanent steel gong at the 500. Rifle benches are paved concrete with shooting benches and covered. It's a nice place.

9. RustedBeef

RustedBeef Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Thank you sirs. Turns out it's even a better deal in the long, too. Think I've made my mind on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D. Hargrove likes this.
  10. septic_shock

septic_shock Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    plus, the $150 includes a one-time $100 maintenance fee. after the first year it's 50 per year for a full time member and $10 per associate member (like a wife).

I've been a member out there for years. definitely worth the money!