Stimulus checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@tRidiot

I agree about kicking the can down the road. That is what I planned to do till the mention of some extra possibly coming through. I also only have one vehicle so anything I try to do needs to be up and running as quickly as possible. Add to that this is one of the only major purchases I made with my wife and the memories included, well lets just say I will have this vehicle till the day I die.

Anyway even if your mechanic is going to do the work you can pull an engine and just let him rebuild the one and do a swap, then take the old one back for the core. May end up being better off for you that way. From my understanding it's 299 for the engine assembly and a 99 core charge. If it's an option you would like to take up let me know and I will help you out when doing it. For that matter one of the ones I want to get ahold of for myself is in Tulsa anyway.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The truth as I see it, Terry, is that what the Dems are pulling here is proof positive this whole Covid-19 BS is nothing more than a strain of the flu and it is being hyped beyond all reason for nothing more than an opportunity to pass a bunch of needles liberal crap attached to a "stimulus/financial aid" bill that wouldn't have ever been necessary if the Dems and their cohorts in the press hadn't pushed the hype and fed the frenzy. They are suffering the decades of progress they lost with Trump's successes and have gotten desperately dangerous. I predict this will soon pass as soon as the rest of the people see through this debacle and get back to work and their normal daily life.

I refuse to feed the frenzy, nor engage in the panic, nor succumb to the hysteria, nor be duped by the lies and other mainstream missives associated with this mess.

Woody

You're totally wrong. This isn't just another flu. The death rates we're seeing are substantially higher than the flu. Yes, the MAJORITY of people are just getting a flu-like illness... but this is real stuff, and real people are dying. Not just old people, not just unhealthy people. People who are young and healthy.

I hope we don't see large numbers getting bad, and I hope like hell we've overreacted to the point we have put the brakes on it. But for right now, we're not anywhere NEAR the peak and if this keeps spreading the way it has the last few days, the deaths are going to be scary high. It will make the 35-45k a year from the flu look like a cold.

I hope you're right, but I'm afraid you're not.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@tRidiot do you think this thing has been around for longer than they are saying? Could some of those “vaping” deaths possibly be linked to something like this?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eh, I don't know... I hear a lot of speculation about that, but personally, I don't think so. What we're seeing in this syndrome is very specific, with very specific severe complications, and while we did have some crazy viral **** going around in Dec and January that got people very sick and lasted for a full 3 weeks or more, it was nothing like this, from what I can gather.

And what people always conveniently forget is we have that same **** EVERY YEAR. I hear/read people talking about how the flu 'this year' is so much worse than last year, or how we have something that was going around that was just like the flu or something, but didn't test positive for the flu - we have that **** every year. People always seem to want to preach doom & gloom, or they want to draw a connection or correlation where they don't exist (in my opinion), etc. I'm just one guy, though, not an expert by any means.

I just don't think we've seen anything this year that was out of the norm for every OTHER year, until we started seeing this COVID stuff, which truly is very different and seems identifiably so, to me, due to the severe complications.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man each day Italy's death toll keeps climbing they lost over 900 yesterday. They are much further in the curve than we are. I realize that may be partially due to their elevated age of population but Italy is what told me a few weeks back this is about to hit the fan. I had my family on lockdown almost a week before Gov started talking about this.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're totally wrong. This isn't just another flu. The death rates we're seeing are substantially higher than the flu. Yes, the MAJORITY of people are just getting a flu-like illness... but this is real stuff, and real people are dying. Not just old people, not just unhealthy people. People who are young and healthy.

I hope we don't see large numbers getting bad, and I hope like hell we've overreacted to the point we have put the brakes on it. But for right now, we're not anywhere NEAR the peak and if this keeps spreading the way it has the last few days, the deaths are going to be scary high. It will make the 35-45k a year from the flu look like a cold.

I hope you're right, but I'm afraid you're not.

We'll find out eventually. I just have to call it as I see it. Our congress critters talk up a storm about how bad this is but then run and hide when it comes time to cast a vote - a non-recorded vote at that - for what seems on the surface the ability to go on the campaign trail and claim some sort of plausible deniability that they played any part in passing the "stimulus" if it proves to be a total waste of money - except for the pork that rode along with it, of course!

I wish our congress critters jumped on the resurgence of the whooping cough and the measles a few years back.

Woody

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember right, and I could be wrong, I thought I read something that within the stimulus was language that put extra requirements on any businesses that "accepted" any bailouts from the stimulus. I know that at one time, Pelosi wanted an amendment in that any company accepting stimulus had to allow a union representative on that company's board.

Who knows what else is in that bill. I heard it was something like 800 pages long.

Latest posts

Top Bottom