Stimulus checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember right, I read somewhere that Trump stated that he would veto any bill that had "Green New Deal" stuff in it. I'm hoping that he threatens the House Dems with a veto if they try to add too much "non-related" stuff to the coronavirus bill. And if they do add it, he should veto that and then cry to the world that the Dems messed everything up.

His approval numbers keep improving, so he just might have enough of a clout to make them take things easy in the House.

But, I guess we'll see.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And just like that, delayed due to changes.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...lus-bill-ban-on-trump-family-profiting-150282

Like Trump is the one who is going to make a ton off this thing anyway. How about they change it so no one in an a elected federal office can get any money from it if they are going to make changes...

Would Hilton, Carlton, Days Inn, Holiday Inn. Super 8 and tens of other hotel chains and hundreds of thousands of other businesses going to profit off this also? Kinda interesting you only pick out only the one Trump happened to have made money off of before he came into office. At least he did not make the majority of his money while he was in office like most of the other politicians who came into the office broke and left office multi million or billionaires. I really do not think Trump had any part of writing this bill to help Americas companies as a whole.

I bet the writers of this bill and the other politicians have more stock in multiple businesses are going to receive a lot more money than Trump's company does

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...lus-bill-ban-on-trump-family-profiting-150282

Like Trump is the one who is going to make a ton off this thing anyway. How about they change it so no one in an a elected federal office can get any money from it if they are going to make changes...
It’d be good if you mentioned that this was a delay in the Senate! It’s been corrected and passed in the Senate. I’m sure you didn’t mean to imply that it was delaying the House.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It was delayed for two hours, then it passed unanimously. The Senators DID exclude themselves and their families from benefiting from the stimulus the same way they excluded Trump. The language tweak also excludes inlaws (maybe they wanted specific language excluding the Kushner family?)
In any case, Mnuchin signed-off on it and the Senate passed it unanimously.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even if trump tries to enrich himself in office, he would never be able to do it as thoroughly or efficiently as others because of the majority of the media dog piling on his every word and move. I’m not even a trump fan but the way they do the orange man bad 24/7 is a sight to see.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember right, I read somewhere that Trump stated that he would veto any bill that had "Green New Deal" stuff in it. I'm hoping that he threatens the House Dems with a veto if they try to add too much "non-related" stuff to the coronavirus bill. And if they do add it, he should veto that and then cry to the world that the Dems messed everything up.

His approval numbers keep improving, so he just might have enough of a clout to make them take things easy in the House.

But, I guess we'll see.

The truth as I see it, Terry, is that what the Dems are pulling here is proof positive this whole Covid-19 BS is nothing more than a strain of the flu and it is being hyped beyond all reason for nothing more than an opportunity to pass a bunch of needles liberal crap attached to a "stimulus/financial aid" bill that wouldn't have ever been necessary if the Dems and their cohorts in the press hadn't pushed the hype and fed the frenzy. They are suffering the decades of progress they lost with Trump's successes and have gotten desperately dangerous. I predict this will soon pass as soon as the rest of the people see through this debacle and get back to work and their normal daily life.

I refuse to feed the frenzy, nor engage in the panic, nor succumb to the hysteria, nor be duped by the lies and other mainstream missives associated with this mess.

Woody

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The truth as I see it, Terry, is that what the Dems are pulling here is proof positive this whole Covid-19 BS is nothing more than a strain of the flu and it is being hyped beyond all reason for nothing more than an opportunity to pass a bunch of needles liberal crap attached to a "stimulus/financial aid" bill that wouldn't have ever been necessary if the Dems and their cohorts in the press hadn't pushed the hype and fed the frenzy. They are suffering the decades of progress they lost with Trump's successes and have gotten desperately dangerous. I predict this will soon pass as soon as the rest of the people see through this debacle and get back to work and their normal daily life.

I refuse to feed the frenzy, nor engage in the panic, nor succumb to the hysteria, nor be duped by the lies and other mainstream missives associated with this mess.

Woody

Could it be both? A dangerous virus that requires extraordinary actions to stop but also a situation that’s easy to capitalize on politically and has been to the fullest?

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could it be both? A dangerous virus that requires extraordinary actions to stop but also a situation that’s easy to capitalize on politically and has been to the fullest?

You pose a good question, but I don't see the numbers adding up.

This virus doesn't just kill a person like strychnine, or arsenic, or some other poison, or a bacteria like the black plague, or that flesh-eating bacteria. It's confounding complications that kill people such as with compromised or weak immune systems that can't fight off pneumonia, or people with heart conditions, etc. So far, I haven't heard of anyone who is basically healthy being killed by this virus.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom