Stimulus checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
There is a lot of pork in this one and I hate that. Why can't our elected officials separate their lottery wish list from critical needs during an emergency situation like this? I just don't get it. :(

Because they are spineless cowards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elected officials primary concern is getting reelected. They like being in office because they get paid with minimal workload and tons of benefits. This is the reason why I say they should have their income tied to the average income of the populace. If the average of all incomes in the US is 40K per year that is what they get paid. They should also pay for their healthcare the same as the rest of the schleps out there do. If someone with a family of four pays 300 per month to have insurance so should they. The only thing that should be included is their office supplies a basic allotment for staff, travel costs for economy flights, buses or driving their personal vehicle (not including wear and tear since they are just getting to work), and they should have a large apartment building setup with nearly identical apartments at the capital. Have a wife and two kids, you get a 3 bedroom, by yourself a one bedroom, etc. The living room and kitchens should all be identical as well with basic appliances. If they opt to not live in the apartments they are on their own.

That IMHO is how public service works, they shouldn't be getting paid like they are running a fortune 500 company with free gov perks for everything.

I also think the foreign aid crap should get cut off. Why should the US foot the bill for all the other crap going on out there, if they need help we can send people to do it. Sending them a check and letting them use it however, is BS.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Elected officials primary concern is getting reelected. They like being in office because they get paid with minimal workload and tons of benefits. This is the reason why I say they should have their income tied to the average income of the populace. If the average of all incomes in the US is 40K per year that is what they get paid. They should also pay for their healthcare the same as the rest of the schleps out there do. If someone with a family of four pays 300 per month to have insurance so should they. The only thing that should be included is their office supplies a basic allotment for staff, travel costs for economy flights, buses or driving their personal vehicle (not including wear and tear since they are just getting to work), and they should have a large apartment building setup with nearly identical apartments at the capital. Have a wife and two kids, you get a 3 bedroom, by yourself a one bedroom, etc. The living room and kitchens should all be identical as well with basic appliances. If they opt to not live in the apartments they are on their own.

That IMHO is how public service works, they shouldn't be getting paid like they are running a fortune 500 company with free gov perks for everything.

I also think the foreign aid crap should get cut off. Why should the US foot the bill for all the other crap going on out there, if they need help we can send people to do it. Sending them a check and letting them use it however, is BS.
We need a hell yes button!

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the dumbest most base pandering I have ever seen. Should be called the incumbent protection act. Stupid sheep people allowing the government to take more power in exchange for a paltry check. I bet half the idiots wanting this money would get in a train car to ride to the check distribution center. What has happened to America? I am truly ashamed

If you don't want yer money, can I have it?

I have property taxes to pay, so they'll be getting it right back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom