Stitt announces OK Mexican consulate to assist growing Mexican population

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gov. Kevin Stitt announced Tuesday a Mexican consulate is scheduled to open in Oklahoma City next spring.

The Consulate of Mexico will provide services and assistance to Oklahoma's growing Mexican community, according to a news release.

“As Oklahoma’s Mexican community grows, I’m glad that these Oklahomans can get the services they need right here in our state, rather driving hours across state lines for simple paperwork,” Stitt said in the release. “I am thankful for the collaboration and shared vision between Oklahoma and Mexico that made this a reality.”

Consul Edurne Pineda, a Mexican diplomat specializing in consular affairs, has been appointed as its head consul.

“This is a great announcement for the people of Oklahoma City,” Mayor David Holt said in the release. “There is a large population of Mexican Americans in our state, with more than 100,000 in Oklahoma City alone. Access to these services is important, and I congratulate the leaders in our Mexican American community who have advocated for this facility for many years.”

Roy Williams, the president and CEO of the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber said the consulate is also important for the business community.

The consulate is expected to open with full services by the end of spring 2023.
https://www.koco.com/article/oklahoma-kevin-stitt-mexican-consulate-spring-2023/42232866

Latest posts

Top Bottom