Stitt vs OK Dept of Ed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Department of Education is so bloated, administration-heavy and useless that maybe an audit would force lawmakers to do something about the waste and grift. I'm glad Stitt is pushing for it. It will be interesting to see what comes of it. I don't think much will.
Just like the health department was.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ANY elected official or organization leader should always be in favor of audits....if they're really there for the people. Immediate resistance should raise eyebrows.
We had an internal auditing department, and we had to turn in reports to them annually, and they came down and audited us every other year--and it was the same at all the other departments in the organization. I used to say (half-)jokingly that I was going to be an auditor until they found out that my parents were married, but I did understand that their function was keep the entire organization on the straight and narrow.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt that a 4-region plan would work. That would be too many principals and other staff that weren't really being supervised.

As for a small school district having new offices and vehicles, what is in that district that is a tax boon? It used to be that a school district wanted such things as electric generation facilities or active oil drilling in their district because each would increase the taxes available to that county.

I am sure there are details more involved that would need to be worked out.

But I do believe it could work.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt that a 4-region plan would work. That would be too many principals and other staff that weren't really being supervised.

As for a small school district having new offices and vehicles, what is in that district that is a tax boon? It used to be that a school district wanted such things as electric generation facilities or active oil drilling in their district because each would increase the taxes available to that county.
Heck yes. The school that benefits from the OG&E Sooner Power Plant has so much money that the Nichols Hill Schools in OKC that used to be the richest district in OK petitioned to get some of the money and were denied. That school has a football stadium with no football team. Welding class gets new Miller welders annually, New building/classroom additions annually, and so on. They are flush in money.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just look at the west OKC metro. Why do we need different districts for Yukon, Mustang and Piedmont? The money saved combining the administration of these districts would save millions and millions of dollars. Same with Putnam City, Bethany, and Western Heights. Too many different administrations doing the same thing for their small kingdoms.

The answer is 100% sports related why this will never happen. Which is just stupid on its own.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just look at the west OKC metro. Why do we need different districts for Yukon, Mustang and Piedmont? The money saved combining the administration of these districts would save millions and millions of dollars. Same with Putnam City, Bethany, and Western Heights. Too many different administrations doing the same thing for their small kingdoms.

The answer is 100% sports related why this will never happen. Which is just stupid on its own.

One Super per county. A few assistants in the larger districts, based on number of students.

No reason to consolidate schools. Just need to consolidate the administration. In other words, if you like your school, you get to keep your school. (Seems like I’ve heard that before) I’d be okay with consolidating some of the HS’s but I’d be okay with keeping the little kids closer to home. I know a bunch of rural k-8 only schools already. They seem to be fine. Maybe we need some more of those.

No reason for Middleburg or Friend, or the 300 just like them to have their own Superintendent. It’s wasteful of taxpayer money. The students don’t benefit. It’s a administration racket is what it is. My ex is a former teacher and a current VP in a really large district with 2 HS’s. One Super handles that district. Schools graduating less than a couple 100 kids don’t need a Super.

It’s needed to happen for decades, but without blowing the whole thing up and starting over it never will. It’s a super bureaucracy and it exists only for the benefit of the Superintendents, and it will be next to impossible to change because the bureaucrats have the people believing they’re needed. It’s a racket.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Audit ALL state agencies! Lol too bad it’s not because it’s the right thing to do but a political power move….
I agree, any agency, or individual, handling the piublics money should be audited, on a regular bases. We are governed, as well as policed, by PUBLIC CONSENT, and even hire the EMPLOYEES that do the governing, and policing! The political POWER rightfully belongs to the public!

Latest posts

Top Bottom