Stitt vs OK Dept of Ed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Oklahoma Dept of Educations budget in 2020 was $3.07 billion or 37.4% of the states budget.

Yet they always scream for more. Sorry, audit the **** out of them.
I am still irate from a few years ago when they held the state hostage with their march to the capital shutting down all of the schools. The state voted no for a new tax for public education. Was on the ballot. The people said no and these public educators held the state hostage. Personally I think any that participated should’ve been replaced and banned from ever working in the state again.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am still irate from a few years ago when they held the state hostage with their march to the capital shutting down all of the schools. The state voted no for a new tax for public education. Was on the ballot. The people said no and these public educators held the state hostage. Personally I think any that participated should’ve been replaced and banned from ever working in the state again.

One word, union.

I agree, the state governor at the time should have pulled a Reagan and said get back to work by this date and time, or you are fired.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife is a teacher . . . has absolutely loved her job until very recently. It's all due to choices made by her district's leadership. They spend almost $200k on an online learning tool that wasn't needed. This forced them to redo work already completed using Google Classroom.

She also participated in the walkout . . . but hey, she got a whopping $37/month pay increase from it.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think the governor can fire the teachers. The funding is funneled through the state, but I'm pretty sure they're employed by the local districts.

could be I am not sure.

I would reason tho that as a state employee the governor could fire them.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The union is a big part of the problem, and now OEA and NEA are onboard with pushing the woke agenda.
Teachers that don't agree with it are going to have to start speaking against it or they will be losing more support when people figure this out.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The union is a big part of the problem, and now OEA and NEA are onboard with pushing the woke agenda.
Teachers that don't agree with it are going to have to start speaking against it or they will be losing more support when people figure this out.

My wife isn't a member of either . . . she's part of Professional Oklahoma Educator's. Thankfully all of the "woke" stuff hasn't hit her school yet.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think the governor can fire the teachers. The funding is funneled through the state, but I'm pretty sure they're employed by the local districts.

Unless things have changed since the late '80's, you are correct. While the teachers may be considered as state employees, and thus eligible for a pension, they are hired and fired by the Board of Education. The same applies to Principals and Superintendents. In most cases, while a Principal might also be a teacher and be eligible for tenure, a superintendent is generally not tenured. A Board can terminate his contract.

Latest posts

Top Bottom