Stock for my mark ii fv-sr 22lr or bergera b14r for nrl 22 prs shoots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigpingel88

New to the site!
Reaction score
Im about to choose a path. I will either get a stock for my savage fv-sr

like dip/boyds kit

Savage 93 Stock and Bottom Metal/Trigger Guard Deluxe Kit

the oryx chassis

https://oryxchassis.com/oryx-precision-rifle-chassis/
And see how far i can stretch this gun. Not sure if its worth my time to try to make this gun that honestly shoots decent do this or if i should sell it and get the bergara b14r barreled action kit for 649.99 and throw it in a krg bravo chases. The thought of a full size trainer like my remington 700 sounds fun/cool. Obviously a price difference but im curious if anyone has experience with any of the 3 set ups ive mentioned for the mini prs shoot? What kind of groups did you manage before and after the stock ugrades and how long did the groups hold together? Could you push the restocked fv-sr or bergera out pased 200 yards for the longer 300 yard matches and do ok? Currently the savage does really well with Sk long range match ammo. Havent pushed it out to 200 or 300 yet. The current stock cannot be used with a bipod, it throws shots. Sand bags under the action screws are much better groups but the barrel is never free floated even then so i know it would do even better in a chasis or bedded stock. But good enough im not sure?

Thanks for the advice and input

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes free floating isn’t the answer. The only way to tell is to try though. To be honest, if you’re really shooting for precision and distance, you will want a bag rather than a bipod anyways. I see bipods as a field use kinda item, rather than a shooting precision groups from a bench kinda item.

I used DIP products (among others) on my CZ457 build. Good stuff. If you can build a full sized trainer to match your full caliber long range rifle, I think it’s a great idea. Being serious about long range shooting can get expensive. Having a trainer is a pretty great way to go about things.