Stock Market… this isn’t good IMO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and OPEC with Russia have agreed to reduce oil output by 2 million barrels per day. View attachment 308350
View attachment 308351
Goodbye "cheap" gasoline!

1665157787620.png

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goodbye "cheap" gasoline!

View attachment 308375
this is an attack on the dollar.... interesting i remember putin visited saudi a couple of months ago. and we have been protecting the saudi for decades and they just drop us like a rotten egg. get ready for a new world reserve currency??? i'll bet it will be made up of china and russia???? if we can't export our debt by forcing other countries to buy dollars to settle their oil debts???? this could be the start of another war.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno if there are any "great" buys right now and I'm usually the sunshine pumper around here when it comes to stocks. It just doesn't look good until Biden is out of office. He hates energy for starters.... and the government keeps trying to pump up the economy before the midterms. The data showing the effects of the last rate increase will lag a few months. Just not seeing it. Even if you have a 5-10 scope. Just sitting on the sideline with cash for now.

Yeah man today has made yesterdays buys look expensive. I’m buying again. I definitely understand your position. I’ve got good cash flow right now so I’m investing it before I buy more guns and ammo with it, although that’s a great investment in itself!

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s true though same information can be found lots of places, I keep wondering how much lower we can go, and I am pretty sure the next decade will trade sideways more or less once the downturn ends
Don't know if you were around in the late 70's into the 80's when Jimmy Carter sold us out to all our foreign enemy's but this is starting to look a lot like it did then. Wait till they find out all this EV tech falls apart, it'll be like 2001.............If I was an options trader I'd be slapping "PUTS" on everything.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I retired at 56 in 2002. It was over 5 years before I could start early SS benefits. We depended on income from our savings mostly our 401K. I have been retired 20 now, and have learned a few things. The economy goes up and down, and if you invest in the stock market, mutual funds, etc. you have to learn to deal with the ups and downs! The first thing you need to do is turn off the TV! The jerks giving all these warnings don't know any mlre than we do, if they did they would'nt be working! Get a good/reputable financial adviser, be very careful of get riv ck quick sceems, We use Edward Jones, and find an agent that strikes you as knowledgeable, and follow his advice! I keep weekly track of our investments. ONE piece of advice I would give is, you have two things to overcome, to be a successful investor, FEAR, AND GREED! iF YOPU ARE SYTILL WORKING AND INVESTING IN A 401k, YOU WANT THE MARKET TO BE DOWN, WHEN ITS DOWN, LIKE NOW, YOU, AND YOUR EMPLOYER, ARE BUYING BARGANS!! MAKE GOOD, WELL THOUGHT OUT CHOICES, THEN STICK WITH THEM! we live a comfortable life, have no debts, don't waste money, but travel and do anything that we want to do, and STILL HAVE THE SAME NEST EGG WE STARTED WITH, 20 YEARS AGO!!

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I retired at 56 in 2002. It was over 5 years before I could start early SS benefits. We depended on income from our savings mostly our 401K. I have been retired 20 now, and have learned a few things. The economy goes up and down, and if you invest in the stock market, mutual funds, etc. you have to learn to deal with the ups and downs! The first thing you need to do is turn off the TV! The jerks giving all these warnings don't know any mlre than we do, if they did they would'nt be working! Get a good/reputable financial adviser, be very careful of get riv ck quick sceems, We use Edward Jones, and find an agent that strikes you as knowledgeable, and follow his advice! I keep weekly track of our investments. ONE piece of advice I would give is, you have two things to overcome, to be a successful investor, FEAR, AND GREED! iF YOPU ARE SYTILL WORKING AND INVESTING IN A 401k, YOU WANT THE MARKET TO BE DOWN, WHEN ITS DOWN, LIKE NOW, YOU, AND YOUR EMPLOYER, ARE BUYING BARGANS!! MAKE GOOD, WELL THOUGHT OUT CHOICES, THEN STICK WITH THEM! we live a comfortable life, have no debts, don't waste money, but travel and do anything that we want to do, and STILL HAVE THE SAME NEST EGG WE STARTED WITH, 20 YEARS AGO!!
Good for you, I'm glad SOMEONE is doing ok in this wreckage, you mentioned that the so-called analysts don't know squat, I agree most don't but some are wizards at making a profit by artificially driving the markets up or down for their benefit, these are the ones you need to follow, the old saying "If you can't beet em, join em" is the route to better profits.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had Edward Jones and Morgan Stanley for several years plus invested on my own.I talked to both in March 2020 and was wanting to invest in several oil stocks that i had made money on in the past.Both tried to talk me into another sector so i got rid of both and bought the oil stocks.Best decision i have made financially in a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom