Stock Market Index Changes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to look at some recent historical stock index changes as it appears we are seeing a divergence of markets. Especially when it comes to tech stocks vs. everything else.

These are a few tech stocks that are causing some craziness. Below are current changes as of typing this post.
upload_2020-7-13_10-19-27.png

What sort of peaked my interest is making a change in my portfolio on March 4 when I thought the market was close to bottoming. I moved from an S&P index fund to the "T. Rowe Price U.S. Large-Cap Core Growth Equity Separate Account" that contains:

upload_2020-7-13_10-32-31.png

Since the March 4 trade, the tech heavy fund increased 21% while the S&P Index fund is up 4.3%.

So I ran the numbers for the past 5 years and charted them.

This is kind of crazy and I wonder if the S&P and DOW will catch up or the Nasdaq will drop, or if this is the new economy...

upload_2020-7-13_10-41-22.png

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder if the tech stocks are less effected compared to service industry and manufacturing which require people to physically be in their offices or workplaces more. Tech seems much easier to telework.

Sounds like you made the right move though! I’ve been riding the SP the whole time. I’m a cheapskate and the nasdaq funds are slightly more expensive than just an SP fund. Would have been worth it though it seems like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom