Stock tip I wanna discuss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't Ball the company making most of the glass canning jars?

That mentioned, if the Dems mess things up bad enough, a lot of us might take up canning so we can have something to eat.

That said, maybe they are a good thing for an investment?

Disclaimer: I know NOTHING about stock markets. Read all the above with a grain of salt.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they are currently building a facility, the market has already analyzed the production and the stock price reflects that analysis. That said, I didn’t see a news release talking about a facility in AZ. They did release news about a facility in KY coming online in 2022.
Yes KY is coming next he said.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry CHenry, your stock tip is already mainstream news.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3649684-ball-to-build-new-aluminum-end-manufacturing-facility

personally, to me it sounds as if they are diversifying, which is good, but it sounds like they’re doing it to virtue signal being “green”; at least according to the above article. The green movement, unless it’s actually a power/solar panel manufacturer/green infrastructure company appears to me to just be a giant money pit for the sake of looking trendy. E.G. an expensive PR stunt. I could be very wrong. My other concern is that ball is more or less at an all time high. If you’re hoping for a quick jump, I doubt it will happen. I personally doubt this will do much to the stock price at all.
I never said it was breaking secret news, otherwise I wouldnt be airing it out here. Just getting thoughts on where it may lead over the next 5 years.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should have bought it 20 years ago, or at least 10.
Kind of like listening to the gold peddler on TV.
In 1970 gold was $100 an ounce now it $2k an ounce.
You better invest now before it goes thru the roof.
Well if you buy gold now, Hell will freeze over before it gets to $40K (20 times)an ounce.
20 years ago Ball was a flatlined dead company.
Now its popped to $100 a share. Maybe good or maybe cooked books for the owners to unload.

Side note I do not, will not and have never owned stock in any publicly traded company.
I would have a better chance to get rich pullin' slots in Vegas.
This is the most helpful information I've read today:buttkick:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they are currently building a facility, the market has already analyzed the production and the stock price reflects that analysis. That said, I didn’t see a news release talking about a facility in AZ. They did release news about a facility in KY coming online in 2022.

This. Buy the time the decision is made to invest capital in new infrastructure, the "Street" already knows about it and is making moves....even before construction starts on that new infrastructure.

Sure, there might be some meat left no the bones for the lay investor but it's not going to be a windfall.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you look at the 3 and 5 year charts, they are a pretty solid, non-exciting growth play. P/E is pretty high, so like others have said, the price of the stock reflects expected growth already.

That KY facility won't be very big, 200 employees. Not enough to move a 30 Billion dollar cap company.

If you like slow growers that will probably be OK during the next administration.... probably wouldn't be bad to pick some up during a down day.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am noticing my energy stocks are finally coming out of the red and heading north.

I would be very selective about investing any new money in this market. Ball Corp is a good long term investment, but I wouldn’t expect large short term gains, mainly due to its current market cap north of $29B. It would take a lot to move the needle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom