Stock Trailer Hunting Shack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long story short I have insulated the interior of my stock trailer and now I need to "skin" the interior to hold the insulation in and give it a cleaner look. It needs to be able to hold up to the weather but other than that anything will do. I've found some 4x8 plastic bathroom wall panels for $20 at lowes, but was hoping our brain trust here might have a better / cheaper idea. Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long story short I have insulated the interior of my stock trailer and now I need to "skin" the interior to hold the insulation in and give it a cleaner look. It needs to be able to hold up to the weather but other than that anything will do. I've found some 4x8 plastic bathroom wall panels for $20 at lowes, but was hoping our brain trust here might have a better / cheaper idea. Thanks in advance for any and all help!!!
Don’t know but keep us updated been wanting to do something like that for a while now!

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much area do you need to cover ? I might be able to fix you up with some 26g sheet metal if that's to your liking. Again might. Your not far from shawnee so not too far a travel. Either free or cheap .
I am in Shawnee as we speak :)
I was guessing 8-10 4x8 sheets of whatever material I can come across. I know that is a lot of square footage though. If you can come across that much free or cheap material let me know and I will certainly make use of it. I hadn't thought of just plain sheet metal...good thinkin!

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen some pretty decked out trailers. Wish I have room to store on on my property, HOA won't allow it. A couple of the ones I saw used the OSB boards. HD have them for like $15 per 4 x8 sheet.
Yeah my goal is to keep it kinda modular and use it as a stock trailer (for the rare occasion I need it) or to sleep in while out hunting. That way I might wear out a set of tires before they dry rot. I will try to get some pictures of it later.

I considered OSB but I am worried that the moisture will degrade them pretty quick. But that is $5 cheaper than the other stuff so finances might make that decision for me lol

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah my goal is to keep it kinda modular and use it as a stock trailer (for the rare occasion I need it) or to sleep in while out hunting. That way I might wear out a set of tires before they dry rot. I will try to get some pictures of it later.

I considered OSB but I am worried that the moisture will degrade them pretty quick. But that is $5 cheaper than the other stuff so finances might make that decision for me lol
Marine varnish or paint will stop that.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in Shawnee as we speak :)
I was guessing 8-10 4x8 sheets of whatever material I can come across. I know that is a lot of square footage though. If you can come across that much free or cheap material let me know and I will certainly make use of it. I hadn't thought of just plain sheet metal...good thinkin!
How long of a trailer ? How tall of a wall needs covered ?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a bunch of free church Pews on craigslist.
in Prague.
I think those pews are probably long and have good wooden back and sides and an upholstered back and bottom you could have an upholstered ceiling if you do it right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom