Stock Trailer Hunting Shack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
HD and Lowes and TH Rogers almost always has luan or some other cheap 4x8 paneling for less than that. It's usually 1/8 or 3/16. You can stain or paint it.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FRP for the win.
Well after a lot of hym-hawing this is exactly what I went with. It wasn't cheap, but it wont warp or rot and was super easy to install!

Of course I didn't get any action shots of it all going together but here is the long short of it. I used liquid nails to glue some 1x4x6' boards on the inside. Fit in the insulation around it. Then used some 3m double stick tape to attach the panels onto the 1x4 anchor boards. This seemed the best route for me just to keep from punching a bunch of new holes into an old trailer for fasteners. It also kept the new interior walls flush with the 1" square tubing framework.

We got to give it a really good test this last weekend for youth rifle season. With temps up to 91 and as low as 46, plus a thunderstorm; everything worked pretty good! The vent holes in the front plus a small fan made it comfortable to sleep in in the mid 70s. Our Mr Buddy heater didn't have to run long to knock the chill back. The back wall can be removed in about 30 minutes and reinstalled in about the same amount of time; plus a roll of gorilla tape to seal it back up. Overall I am pretty happy with it!

Next step is to build a nice patrol box that ca attach to the outside and put an awning over the top. Then hopefully by next year have it repainted and a small solar set up for lights and recharge goodies. Pondering even making a small/removable storage bench in the nose to keep some water, tools and the like off the floor and out of the way :)

I will keep the brain trust posted on my progress as we keep making improvements. Thank you all for your input!!!
asdf.jpg
dvvd.jpg

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well after a lot of hym-hawing this is exactly what I went with. It wasn't cheap, but it wont warp or rot and was super easy to install!

Of course I didn't get any action shots of it all going together but here is the long short of it. I used liquid nails to glue some 1x4x6' boards on the inside. Fit in the insulation around it. Then used some 3m double stick tape to attach the panels onto the 1x4 anchor boards. This seemed the best route for me just to keep from punching a bunch of new holes into an old trailer for fasteners. It also kept the new interior walls flush with the 1" square tubing framework.

We got to give it a really good test this last weekend for youth rifle season. With temps up to 91 and as low as 46, plus a thunderstorm; everything worked pretty good! The vent holes in the front plus a small fan made it comfortable to sleep in in the mid 70s. Our Mr Buddy heater didn't have to run long to knock the chill back. The back wall can be removed in about 30 minutes and reinstalled in about the same amount of time; plus a roll of gorilla tape to seal it back up. Overall I am pretty happy with it!

Next step is to build a nice patrol box that ca attach to the outside and put an awning over the top. Then hopefully by next year have it repainted and a small solar set up for lights and recharge goodies. Pondering even making a small/removable storage bench in the nose to keep some water, tools and the like off the floor and out of the way :)

I will keep the brain trust posted on my progress as we keep making improvements. Thank you all for your input!!!View attachment 311078View attachment 311079

Excellent!

Looks very utilitarian. Well done!

Latest posts

Top Bottom