Stock Trailer Hunting Shack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im either going your route or going to find a old boat trailer and build one from scratch.
Im bias but I think the stock trailer is the best option. The first time we camped in a stock trailer it wasnt much more than a tarp and heater and it was not uncomfortable. So starting from a very basic somewhat livable space, all ive done is make improvements. My neighbor set up his cargo trailer into a similar set up very successfully.

Either way youll have to post some pics once you get yours going!

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sheet metal / barn tin is the way to go.

Longevity, maintenence,, durabilty and WEIGHT. Metal gets the win.

We went to Colorado in 1983, for elk season. 3 of us, 14 days in the woods.

Before going, we took a low boy 16' trailer. 4 sheets of plywood, stood on end down each side, 2 on front. Muffler clamps on the rails and 16' 2x4 across top and mid with lag bolts. Door on tail with deadbolt lock. 2 sheets plywood on roof, covered with tarp. Tarp on floor.

Numbered wood and disassembled. Stacked on trailer with supplies. Get into woods and reassembled. Duct tape on seams. No insulation. Coleman heater inside. 3 flip down bunks on front wall.

We lived like Kings for 2 weeks. Temps down to -5°, Highs of 20°.

Lost all the pics in house fire in '84.
That sounds like a good one! Making these little hunting shacks over the years has always been a lot of fun.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen I present to you....
THE MR BUBBA HEATER
Heater.jpg

We have all seen the little fans that run off the heat of your wood stove. I found this little gem on Amazon that instead of a base it has a hook on the back and made to be attached to your stovepipe. Well wouldn't you know it that little fan hooks right onto my Mr Buddy heater and runs like a top.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen I present to you....
THE MR BUBBA HEATER
View attachment 324440

We have all seen the little fans that run off the heat of your wood stove. I found this little gem on Amazon that instead of a base it has a hook on the back and made to be attached to your stovepipe. Well wouldn't you know it that little fan hooks right onto my Mr Buddy heater and runs like a top.
Link please!! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom