Stocking up powder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I look at what I need to stock up.
Use IMR4350 for short range (300 or less) in 06, and its not shot that often. A pound will last a couple of years so I don't stock up much on that. RL19 on long range.
On the other hand I shoot tons of pistol like WST and powders for .223. Seems that's the powder that is in short supply still.
Like others, I buy primers by the case, keeping one case in reserve. When there is only 10K left, another case is ordered.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems that's the cycle. It all comes back pretty quick, with exception of the reloading supplies. Its still a semi drought finding the popular powders.

You're right. I've wondered why that is. The only thing I can come-up with is that during a shortage the powder manufacturers divert most or all capacity to the ammo manufacturers which leaves the reloader without powder. Compound that situation with a disruption like ADI had with the fire a couple of years ago and the powder supply really disappears fast.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was speaking primers and you can get a case of them.
I have too much Varget.. I switched from Varget to 8208XBR in my .308 and actually thought today I need to sell a bit to get more 8208.
But like you guys I am staying stocked up.

You decide to sell any varget let me know, I'd be happy to pick some up

Latest posts

Top Bottom