Stolen Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw this on the news and thought id post it here.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/1-000-reward-for-hunting-gun-theft/LC7bGDuE2EyI9osgl2oLHg.cspx

Thieves steals hunting items from a teenage boy who just lost his hunting partner.

Sapulpa police are investigating a home break-in near Mission and Taft from Thursday night. The family says two teens were home alone and asleep when crooks entered the home.

A cache of hunting guns and weapons were stolen from the teen that he used when he went hunting with his late father.

“I knew that I shut that door when I went to bed,” said Colton.

He is 16-years-old and his mom was at work overnight when crooks broke into his home.

“Peaked around that corner to make sure no one was here,” said the teen.

He says he immediately called his mom.

“Not only was someone in my house but my child was sleeping,” said Lacie Greenwood. “I got on the phone with police and rushed home.”

Colton says his hunting guns were missing. He had eleven including a muzzleloader youth model.

He says he had a few lying out to take with him this weekend for the start of Turkey season.

“I got sick to my stomach and I got really mad and woke up all the neighbors,” said Colton.

Colton says the guns were a big part of relationship with his father.

“It means a lot, it’s what my dad and I always did,” said Colton.

His father suddenly died in his sleep two months ago for unknown reasons.

“That is pretty much all I had that was my dad’s,” said Colton.

His mother says one of the guns was passed down three generations.

The family handed out flyers at this past weekend’s gun show in Tulsa.

The family is offering a $1,000 reward to anyone who can trace police to the guns or the suspects.

“It’s not a TV or a computer, it’s something his dad bought for him. He has so many memories of the two of them together,” said Greenwood.

If you have any information call Sapulpa Police at (918) 224-3862

The family listed these stolen guns and weapons:
300 Savage Model 99, Lever Action Serial #541893. Remington 870 12 gauge, laminated stick, grey and green, Serial #AB958326M. 30.06 Mossberg, 100 ATR, custom stock, laminated stick, grey and green. Cricket .22, laminated stock, grey and green. H&R singleshot, 410. H&R singleshot, 28 gauge. 243 Axis Savage Serial #11742335. Winchester 20 gauge, Woodstock. Recurve take down, a fishing bow, three fishing poles and a large box of ammunition.

Hope they find the guns and catch the thieves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom