Stolen Polaris RZR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I arrived at my Ranch in Hughes county on Thursday afternoon and noticed that one of my two Polaris RZR's had been stolen. The thieves must have hot wired it and then cut the barb wire fence to make their getaway. My ranch is on a dead end road 30 miles from Holdenville. My neighbors keep an eye on things for me when I'm not there but they can't watch my stuff 24/7. I felt sure that I'd never have a problem as I'm so far away from a population center but I guess the thieves are branching out from the cities to find greener pasture so to speak. I filed a police report with the sheriff's office but I don't expect them to recover the unit....thank goodness I had insurance on it but I really liked what they stole....I'm 73 and this is the 1st time I've had a vehicle stolen so I guess it was my time but I'm mad with no one to take it out on.....at least you guys and gals let me vent...........thanks...!!!!

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate that. I worked as a service manager at a powersports shop and the amount of stolen vehicles out there is insane. Most are used to "rebuild" totaled UTVs out of insurance auctions, those are never seen or heard from again, just like in car chop shops.. The other trend is someone local knows you ride around but aren't there during the weeks and they get drunk and joy ride it until it breaks, then they abandon it and it will be found in a creek or field or pond, where ever it happened to break at. At least that was my experience.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
You couldn't see it from the road but I hope it was random and not someone I know.....
Have you had the S O out there to look around? Take fingerprints? Tool impressions? Shoe prints? Tire impressions? Did they collect any evidence? At a theft I worked I found a paper gas receipt and a pair of pliers with a guy's initials on it with labelmaker tape. We called the sheriff of the county where this guy lived that was on the receipt. He said he was good for anything like that. An hour or so later the sheriff called back telling us the wrought iron fence was still on the trailer at the house when he drove by. Do yourself a favor and go back out there to look around and take photos. If you replace locks or hinges, keep the old ones and give them to the SO.

I can guarantee, that the thieves have not just burglarized you. They are going to have possession of a lot of stolen property.

Last edited:

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel for you man. I hate thieves. I also live on a dead end road but my brother in law built his house 1010' to the west of me and my nephew just built his house about 2/10th of a mile to the south of my place. Uncle lives on the north side across the 1084 akers, have more kin folk that live on west, So it's more or less family around my area and we all keep an eye out for each other.Security Cameras help for real time observing via cell phone if that's an option.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@snattler I don't know about here, but the last time I had an issue with a criminal action in WA they just told me to go on the county Sherrif website to report the incident. No one ever contacted me and since the damage was less than the deductible I was on the hook for the whole amount. Unless someone is murdered they don't really care is my experience.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that happened to you. Being that far out and in the middle of no where, do you think it’s random or do you think it was someone who knew it was there?

And you know the thieves have found our area? Guess they figured out the cops out here would rather run stationary radar then actually drive patrols. EZ pickens out here.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I arrived at my Ranch in Hughes county on Thursday afternoon and noticed that one of my two Polaris RZR's had been stolen. The thieves must have hot wired it and then cut the barb wire fence to make their getaway. My ranch is on a dead end road 30 miles from Holdenville. My neighbors keep an eye on things for me when I'm not there but they can't watch my stuff 24/7. I felt sure that I'd never have a problem as I'm so far away from a population center but I guess the thieves are branching out from the cities to find greener pasture so to speak. I filed a police report with the sheriff's office but I don't expect them to recover the unit....thank goodness I had insurance on it but I really liked what they stole....I'm 73 and this is the 1st time I've had a vehicle stolen so I guess it was my time but I'm mad with no one to take it out on.....at least you guys and gals let me vent...........thanks...!!!!
Put a tracker on them, I put an AirTag on mine 4 wheeler in case it gets lifted

Latest posts

Top Bottom