Stolen Polaris RZR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree with all the above. Everything we have outside or inside is covered by multiple cameras with overlapping coverage, backed up with a UPS that continues power to the cams and WiFi for an hour even if the thief pulls the meter thinking it will disable the cameras and security system.
The cellular trail cams with solar panel backup is the best when hung high enough in a tree it would take a tall ladder to access. Even if they stole the camera, the owner already has pics in hand in your phone.
The deer and coyotes will keep you busy checking your phone alerts, but it’s worth it in more than worth it and they trigger a long way out.
The air tags are great as long as they are well hidden because living in the sticks, they will be done and gone before Leo arrives. You can at least track them with the AirTags.

DEE80734-0A2D-431C-B867-03FEF5897487.jpeg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many times have you watched the news and they are reporting on deputies busting a big theft ring? Usually, they consist of one or two families or a couple of friends getting together to pillage and plunder once a week with a normal job during the day. Most of the time they are dope addicts and some have meth labs. Usually, the ones with meth labs are so far gone financially and morally that they will store the stuff in plain sight and don't care if people see it driving by. Some just hide it behind houses or sheds in piles.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree with all the above. Everything we have outside or inside is covered by multiple cameras with overlapping coverage, backed up with a UPS that continues power to the cams and WiFi for an hour even if the thief pulls the meter thinking it will disable the cameras and security system.
The cellular trail cams with solar panel backup is the best when hung high enough in a tree it would take a tall ladder to access. Even if they stole the camera, the owner already has pics in hand in your phone.
The deer and coyotes will keep you busy checking your phone alerts, but it’s worth it in more than worth it and they trigger a long way out.
The air tags are great as long as they are well hidden because living in the sticks, they will be done and gone before Leo arrives. You can at least track them with the AirTags.

View attachment 292596
Agreed. at home I have the blink system....battery powered cameras with the main module and wifi router are on a UPS so I too get notified and videos saved even if they try to kill the power

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: I caught the thief on 2 game cameras but he was wearing a bandanna from the nose down. I could tell he was most likely in his 30's with tats on both arms....I got 4 still shots and one video. The video shows he had an odd walking pattern. I sent the pic's and video to the sheriff so hopefully he'll have run across him before. I don't have cell service on my ranch so being able to monitor game cameras is not an option but I do have quite a few cameras and was lucky to catch him in the act on 2 of them....I gave my neighbors a heads up just in case he tries to hit me again or their places the next time

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to hear about thievery.:censored:
Sometimes I think having a place in the middle of nowhere emboldens thieves especially with absentee owners, because they know the chance of someone catching them in the act is low.
This situation makes me wonder why the thieves would only take one of the Razrs and nothing else. :anyone:
The 2nd RZR was in a locked storage container....the dozer, trackhoe and 2 kubota tractors were blocked in my equipment shed so they couldn't get one of them if they wanted....the RZR that was stolen was the only unit that was easy pickin's

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: I caught the thief on 2 game cameras but he was wearing a bandanna from the nose down. I could tell he was most likely in his 30's with tats on both arms....I got 4 still shots and one video. The video shows he had an odd walking pattern. I sent the pic's and video to the sheriff so hopefully he'll have run across him before. I don't have cell service on my ranch so being able to monitor game cameras is not an option but I do have quite a few cameras and was lucky to catch him in the act on 2 of them....I gave my neighbors a heads up just in case he tries to hit me again or their places the next time
That’s great news!!! I sure hope you catch the SOB. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom