Stoops retired.!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
brightcove.vo.llnwd.net_v1_unsecured_media_713285227_201706_30e1364004d1ace900236c9ce1b7ec91e7.jpg

When asked last night about winning her 3rd National Championship in the last 5 years, Patty Gasso responded:

"Norman is a National Championship town, you either win National ChampionshipS, or you GTFO.!

r960-cb587c94178a19224d893207256adeb0.jpg

Stole that one from Landthieves..

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would make more sense. Would be extremely cool if that's what's happening, giving up a TON to go watch you kid play ball.
I don't think he'd be trading in his house in Norman for that place. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with another house in Florida too but I don't think he's leaving Norman anytime soon. Of course, I didn't think he would retire anytime soon either.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think he'd be trading in his house in Norman for that place. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with another house in Florida too but I don't think he's leaving Norman anytime soon. Of course, I didn't think he would retire anytime soon either.
They are saying he's staying on at OU in some capacity with the athletic department.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shouldn't this topic be in the Sports sub forum?

Sorry, but this is a big yawn for me. If the country were made up of people like me, Stoops would be holding down a part time job in the off season, and players would be on the team solely for the love of the game, and tickets would cost $5-10. Enough to cover the electricity bill at the stadium that night ;)

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Word on the street, he had bought a large home in Chicago a few months ago. Family there and I get it. If he was wanting to coach at his dream job,for one, he had that job at OU and two, he could have had the Ohio Job if he wanted it.
Not sure he'd make the jump to the pro's. Lot of great legacy's have been ruined doing that.
He's rich and getting richer.
Oklahoma owe's him for bringing a program from past the brink and in the bucket back to national prominence.
Thanks coach. Enjoy life

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm informed, though I haven't confirmed, that his dad died at about his current age of a heart attack.

18 years at a dream job, winningest coach in OU history, the ability to light his cigars with C-notes just for the fun of it, and reminded that we're all mortal? Hell, I'd think hard about retiring too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom