Stop leaving guns in cars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.fox23.com/news/local/tu...d-spike-break-ins/22DZYKBHSJA5VMZFG24P6YYIDA/

“Detectives say they are getting an influx of car break-in reports with stolen guns involved, and that in the last few months the city has not gone more than two days without a victim reporting they had a gun stolen during a car break-in.”

And no your fancy whiz bang vehicle security system or the fact that you always park your car in the garage isn’t an acceptable excuse for leaving an unsecured gun inside your vehicle. Get a lock box or similar secure storage solutions for those occasions when you need to temporarily disarm yourself. You don’t need a console, glovebox or door pocket gun and those holsters that you mount to your seat or under the steering column are equally ridiculous.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.fox23.com/news/local/tu...d-spike-break-ins/22DZYKBHSJA5VMZFG24P6YYIDA/

“Detectives say they are getting an influx of car break-in reports with stolen guns involved, and that in the last few months the city has not gone more than two days without a victim reporting they had a gun stolen during a car break-in.”

And no your fancy whiz bang vehicle security system or the fact that you always park your car in the garage isn’t an acceptable excuse for leaving an unsecured gun inside your vehicle. Get a lock box or similar secure storage solutions for those occasions when you need to temporarily disarm yourself. You don’t need a console, glovebox or door pocket gun and those holsters that you mount to your seat or under the steering column are equally ridiculous.

Agreed! Mine is either on me, or locked in my house. If I had a need to leave it in my car, I would get a lock box.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just keep my serial numbers up to date, and leave what I need to leave accessible and in the exact same location every time. I'm not the only one in the vehicle that may need to use it.

When bubba comes to your window in a rush to carjack you, a pistol in a box is worthless no matter how fast you think you can get it out.
With the right tool I can take out the window of a vehicle in a second and gain control the person inside shortly afterward while they are fumbling to gain access to their console or digging under the seat.
I get the part of going into a gun free area like a federal building, etc, but the folks left within the vehicle needs to know where that weapon is.
In our case the other person has their weapon on their side of the vehicle.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Moore was hit hard by this kind of theft last year and the culprit was people leaving their cars unlocked in their driveways.

I'm sorry but if you have a CCW gun in the center console, then leaving your doors unlocked is flat out irresponsible.

From what I understand, a lot of people here are used to the "old ways" when you could leave everything unlocked and nobody would jiggle knobs or check for free gifts.. but that mentality is not gonna fly if you are in either metro area.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Moore was hit hard by this kind of theft last year and the culprit was people leaving their cars unlocked in their driveways.

I'm sorry but if you have a CCW gun in the center console, then leaving your doors unlocked is flat out irresponsible.

From what I understand, a lot of people here are used to the "old ways" when you could leave everything unlocked and nobody would jiggle knobs or check for free gifts.. but that mentality is not gonna fly if you are in either metro area.
The "old ways" don't get it anymore. We live in an isolated area in the country and don't leave anything unlocked with tons of security.

Latest posts

Top Bottom